There are a number of ways you can transfer files between your Android devices, with the most popular being Bluetooth. Although Bluetooth allows you to send and receive files, it is just not as fast as some other ways to send and receive files available out there. One of the fastest ways to send and receive files using your Android device is to utilize the WiFi functionality that allows for faster data communication.
In order to leverage this inbuilt feature to tansfer files faster, a developer has come up with an app called Xender. What this app does is let you share files between your Android devices at a much faster rate than any other wireless medium, Bluetooth, for example. The following guide shows how you can send and receive files using Xender on your device.
The app that you are going to use does not require an active 3G or any kind of data connection. All you need to have is a device that supports WiFi and you are good to go.
Quickly Transferring Files on Android
1. Install Xender from the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. When you launch the app for the very first time, it will ask you to create your profile. Do so and then hit Next.
4. On the main screen of the app, you should have a number of options to choose from. Since our main purpose is to send and/or receive files, click the button that says “Connect phone.” It will let other devices connect to your device.
5. The screen that follows should ask you whether you want to create a sharing group or you want to join one. Tap on “Create Group,” and it will let you create a sharing group.
6. The sharing link should now be created on your device, and a confirmation message for the same will appear on your screen.
7. Now, launch Xender on your other device that you want to send your file from, and it should display the sharing link that you have created on your first device.
8. Tap on an app or any item you wish to send and shake your device. It will instantly be sent to the connected device.
9. You are done.
You have successfully set up a sharing network between your Android devices. You can now send files at a much faster rate – a couple of minutes for a movie.
In this fast-paced world, it is a must to do everything as fast as possible. With apps like Xender, your file transfer queues will not take much of your time to be sent to the specified devices.