While turning a website into the desktop wallpaper on your Mac has been possible, you now have a way to turn your favorite website into the screen saver. That way you can see your favorite website on your Mac’s screen when the screen saver gets activated.
There are various reasons why you would like to have a website as your screen saver. The good thing is setting up a website as a screen saver is easier than you think.
Turning a Website into a Screen Saver
In order to accomplish the task you are going to need a free app called WebViewScreenSaver. As the name implies, it lets you have the view of the web in place of your regular screen saver.
1. Download WebViewScreenSaver and save it to your Mac. Double-click on the downloaded file, and its contents will be extracted. Double-click on the extracted file, and you will get the following prompt that asks which users you would like to install the screen saver for.
You can either choose yourself or all the users on the Mac. Select the option that best fits your needs and click on “Install.”
2. When the screen saver is installed, you will automatically be taken to the screen savers panel. If you are not, click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen, select “System Preferences…” then “Desktop & Screen Saver,” and then click on the “Screen Saver” tab.
3. Click on the newly-installed screen saver that has the name “WebViewScreenSaver,” and then click on the button that says “Screen Saver Options…” to customize the screen saver.
4. On the following screen you can enter a list of the URLs that you want to be displayed as the screen saver.
To add a URL click on the button that says “Add URL.”
5. By default, it will add Google’s homepage as the URL. To edit it to your chosen URL, select it and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Enter the new URL, and press the Enter key to save it.
6. You can also specify the screen saver time in seconds for a particular URL by clicking in the Seconds column.
7. When you are done adding as many URLs as you want, click on the “Close” button to close the dialog box.
8. If you would like to preview the screen saver, you can do so by clicking on Preview in the screen saver tab.
If you have always wanted to set that beautiful-looking website as the screen saver for your Mac, you now have a way to do so with the help of this free app.