We all know that ads can get super annoying, yet at times they can prove to be effective discovery tools. It has probably happened to you – scrolling on your Facebook or Instagram feed and noticing an ad for what appeared to be an interesting product, and you ended up clicking on it. This is the power of targeted ads. Putting aside user privacy issues, this practice can benefit users by providing easier access to products and services they will most likely be interested in.
Once you check out an ad, both Facebook and Instagram will save your activity so you can view it later. This comes in handy if you viewed an ad some time ago and now want to find the product again but can’t remember its name or the company that made it. Follow us in this guide, as we demonstrate how you can easily view your recent ad activity on the two social apps.
How to Check Your Ad Activity on Instagram
You can only view your ad activity via Instagram for mobile, as the option is not available on the desktop version of the app.
1. Fire up the Instagram app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on your profile image on the lower-right side of the display to go to your profile.
3. Tap on the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
4. Select Settings (gear icon at the bottom).
5. Tap on Ads.
6. Select “Ad Activity” to view all the Sponsored posts you clicked on. Additionally, in the same window, you’ll be able to check out all of the “Recently Clicked Story Ads” as well.
How to Find Your Recently Viewed Ads on Facebook for Mobile
Facebook also allows you to check the most recent ads you viewed, but depending on whether you’re using the mobile or desktop app, you’ll have to take different routes. On mobile, it’s pretty straightforward.
1. Open the Facebook app on your device.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the display.
3. Look for a card that says “Recent Ad Activity.” If you can’t spot it, press “See More” and scroll down until you find the option.
4. Go ahead and scroll through your ads. You may want to ensure select ads don’t get deleted with the passing of time. To save them for later use, simply tap the “+” button under the ad.
Alternatively, if you’re viewing Facebook from within your mobile browser, you need to follow the below steps to view older ads you’ve interacted with.
1. Open Facebook in your browser.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the display.
3. Scroll down until you find Settings and tap on it.
4. Find the Ads section and tap on “Ad preferences.”
5. Here you can view the latest ads you’ve viewed.
How to Find Your Recently Viewed Ads on Facebook for Desktop
When using Facebook on your PC, this is how you can find your ad activity:
1. Open Facebook on your PC.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top-right corner of the display.
3. Select “Settings & Privacy.”
4. Click on Settings.
5. Check the left side of the display and scroll down until you find Ads.
6. Here you’ll find a collection of ads you’ve seen most recently, and most importantly, the list of ads you recently clicked on.
While ads can have their uses, most people simply just want to see less of them. If this applies to you as well, then perhaps you’d like to learn how you can opt out of personalized YouTube and Google ads or mute Spotify ads on Android.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox