There used to be a time when you had to perform many of the tasks on your computer manually, as there were no suitable utilities around to help you with that. Over time many utilities started to become available, and we now have a utility for doing almost any task.
In the following roundup we have covered six utilities from our software section to help make your life a bit easier.
1. Autorun Organizer
Autorun Organizer is a free startup manager for Windows that lets you configure what should and should not launch when your PC boots up.
- Turns on and off autorun elements
- Removes autorun elements
- Batch processes autorun records
- Automatically controls disabled records
- Suspends running of programs
- Shows a visual Windows boot-up time diagram
- Checks each autostart element for viruses in more than sixty antivirus programs
- Quickly searches
- Automatically detects erroneous records
The BashBar application will let you run terminal commands or script using the menubar. If the command script requires sudo, it will be auto-detected, and you will be asked to enter an administrator password.
- Ability to run commands from the menu bar
- Can execute scripts as well
- Supports sudo commands
TouchOven lets you execute a custom action when you perform a specific trackpad or magic mouse gesture. An example gesture is holding down two fingers and tapping a third to the right.
- Execute custom actions with gestures
- Run keyboard shortcuts
- Control browser tabs
- Perform a middle mouse click
- Hand-picked gestures
- Lightweight and unobtrusive
Notcho helps you quickly and easily create wallpapers that hide the notch on your new iPhone X.
- Create wallpapers that hide the notch
- You can use any photo or image
- The app also has some notch-free wallpapers to choose from
5. Lyft Command Line
Lyft Command Line helps you book Lyft rides right from the command line on your computer.
- Request Lyft rides
- Track rides
- Cancel rides
6. FlixRemote for Mac
FlixRemote for Mac helps you control Netflix on your Mac from the couch using an iPhone or iPad.
- Ability to launch Netflix in default browser
- Playback controls
- Easy navigation with touch keyboard and trackpad
Our Software Discovery section has these and many more utilities that help you get tasks done easily and save time. Feel free to check it out, and let us know your thoughts about it.
Image credit: Wikimedia