Apple’s fitness subscription service might still be new, but it’s growing at an exponential rate. Every Monday, groups of new fitness videos become available on the platform. And just recently, a brand-new feature found its way to Apple Fitness+: “Time to Walk” (“Time to Push” for wheelchair users).
We’re absolutely sure that you’re always on the lookout for new ways to motivate yourself, and “Time to Walk” might do just that. With that said, let’s talk about how to use “Time to Walk” on Apple Watch, how to download and remove individual episodes, and other ways to interact with this feature in the Workout and Fitness apps.
Requirements for Using “Time to Walk” on Apple Watch
As you can already guess, “Time to Walk” isn’t a free-of-charge feature. Instead, it’s part of Apple Fitness+, which is priced at $9.99 per month (or $79.99 per year). If you’ve purchased an Apple Watch recently, you may be eligible for a three-month trial, completely free of charge. Here’s how to get started.
Like everything else with this subscription service, “Time to Walk” is available exclusively on your Apple Watch. More precisely, your Apple Watch needs to run watchOS 7.2 or newer, while your iPhone should be on iOS 14.3 or later. And lastly, make sure to have Bluetooth headphones that you can connect to your smartwatch.
How to Access & Start Playing “Time to Walk” Episodes
Apple has already started rolling out “Time to Walk” episodes in a rather aggressive manner. If you’re a Fitness+ subscriber, they’ll automatically appear on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
1. Using your Apple Watch, go into the app list (by pressing the Digital Crown). From there, open the Workout app. Give it a moment or two, and “Time to Walk” episodes should automatically appear.
2. To start an episode, tap on its icon. As soon you tap, a countdown will begin, and your selected episode will start playing. Keep in mind that these last around 30 minutes each, but you can stop them at any moment.
3. To check what other episodes are available, return to the Workout app. Then tap on the small circular icon in the top-right corner, which will list all of the currently available episodes. To dive deeper, tap on “i” (available on each episode’s banner) to learn more about individual episodes.
How to Add New “Time to Walk” Episodes to Your Apple Watch
You can download new “Time to Walk” episodes directly to your Apple Watch via the Workout app. However, you can also do this via your iPhone, which is perhaps a more convenient way. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Launch the Fitness app on your iPhone, then make sure to tap on “Fitness+” using the main navigation bar (at the bottom of the screen).
2. You should now see the “Time to Walk” segment within the app, just below the “this week” video highlighting the newest content this week (at the top of the app’s interface). To check what’s available in “Time to Walk,” tap on “Show All.”
3. At this moment, you should see all of the available “Time to Walk” episodes. Once you tap on any individual episode, you will see its overview, its associated playlist, and more. Just below the episode’s title, you will see a button labeled “Add” if the episode hasn’t already been downloaded Tapping on Add will download the episode to your Apple Watch.
How to Remove “Time to Walk” Episodes from Your Apple Watch
And lastly, let’s talk about how to remove “Time to Walk” episodes from your Apple Watch. This will come in handy, especially if you don’t want to use this feature, as “Time to Walk” episodes are prominently displayed within the Workout app.
1. Using your Apple Watch, open the Workout app. Then, wait a moment until it syncs with your iPhone and displays its content. You should see a featured “Time to Walk” episode at the top (which also acts as a shortcut to other episodes).
2. Now, use your finger to swipe from the right side of your Apple Watch to the left. As you do so, a large red-colored “X” button will appear. Feel free to tap on that button. That’s it!
If you change your mind in the future, you can also re-add “Time to Walk” episodes using your iPhone (via the Fitness app), as explained in the previous segment.
Now that you’ve learned how to use “Time to Walk” on Apple Watch, you can also learn the best tips to make good use of your Apple Watch and how to change your fitness goals on your Apple Watch.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox