Apple Music, since its release in 2015, has quickly ranked as one of the most popular music-streaming services worldwide. Part of the fame is due to Apple fully integrating it into iOS, iPadOS and macOS, as well as there being many exclusive releases on the service. Apple also regularly updates it with new songs and new features that compel more and more users to join the service.
Apple recently introduced one of those new features: time-synced lyrics is now available in Apple Music on iOS. It allows you to view real-time synced lyrics with any content downloaded from Apple Music.
To use the feature on iOS:
1. Open the Music app on your device.
2. Select a song.
3. From the playback menu, select the Lyrics icon on the bottom left.
4. If the song’s compatible, you’ll see the lyrics show up on the screen, time-synced with the song.
Apple has also introduced the same feature in the recent macOS 10.15.4 Catalina update for macOS:
1. Make sure your Mac is running the latest version of macOS Catalina (10.15.4). To do this, navigate to “System Preferences -> Software Update.”
2. Once updated, open the Music app.
3. Play a track that you’ve added / downloaded from Apple Music.
4. Click on the Lyrics icon on the top-right side of the window.
5. You’ll see the time-synced lyrics for all compatible tracks.
6. To take the experience full screen, use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + F.
To go back to the normal Music app, click on the Lyrics icon again or press Esc on your keyboard.
That’s it. You can now enjoy your music with synced lyrics and, hopefully, have a good karaoke session, too. Don’t forget to check out these tips and tricks to get the most out of Apple Music.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox