Apple introduced new interactive stickers in iOS 13 known as Memoji Stickers. These are an upgrade over the original Animoji stickers which were well-received by users when they were introduced. Animoji stickers allowed you to record a short message as an animated character and send it to your friends and family. The new Memoji stickers are a creative play on the original Bitmoji stickers (which Snapchat uses). Memoji stickers allow you to make original creations of different stickers of your face and use these digital stickers across your iOS device. You can use them in iMessages, when posting photos and more. We’ll be covering how to create and use Memoji stickers on your iOS device in detail below, so continue reading.
How Memoji Work
You can design a Memoji sticker easily on your iOS device (more below). Once created, you’ll have a customized sticker pack of your Memoji self that you can send to your friends or family on iMessage or any other messaging platform. It’s a fun and creative way to express your feelings instead of a traditional emoji or thumbs up/down sign. Memoji are unique and can be made to represent you and add creativity to your messages.
Memoji also work alongside regular emoji, meaning they have their own keyboard that you can easily access from any app. You don’t have to go out of your way to send a Memoji sticker, which is another added advantage.
Setting up a Memoji is very easy; simply follow the steps below:
1. Make sure you’re running iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 on your device.
2. In an app that supports stickers (such as iMessage), open up the keyboard.
3. Click on the Memoji icon in the top bar above the keyboard.
4. Click on the three dots on the left side.
5. Click on “Edit” to make changes or “Create New Memoji” to start from scratch.
You’ll see a variety of options that will allow you to customize nearly every aspect of your Memoji, from hair to eye color, nose shape, etc. You can easily design it to your liking.
Once finished, simply tap on Done in the top-right corner.
How To Send A Memoji
Once you’ve designed a Memoji, sending it is very easy. As mentioned before, Memoji have their own separate keyboard that you can use to select stickers and send. Stickers are automatically created for every new Memoji you create and can be found in the Memoji keyboard. To use them:
1. In an app that supports sending stickers, open up keyboard.
2. From the bottom-left corner, long-tap on the Globe icon on the keyboard.
3. Select the Emoji / Memoji keyboard option (highlighted below)
4. Choose from the variety of stickers available to send. Tapping on any one of them will allow you to send the Memoji sticker to your friends or family.
That’s it. It’s that simple. Using the Memoji stickers, you’ll be able to add some fun flair to your chats and messages instead of the plain, regular emojis.
Do you use Memoji stickers, or do you just figure them to be a gimmick? Let us know in the Comments section below.