While TikTok got a bashing from all directions and suffered a ban in multiple countries, Instagram introduced Reels to provide an alternative to TikTok. With Reels, you can create short videos, similar to TikTok. Recently, Instagram added one more TikTok-like feature to its app, called Instagram Remix. This allows you to upload a video next to another user’s video, like a collaboration video. Here we give you a complete guide on how to use Instagram Reels with Remix.
How to Remix Instagram Reels
1. Open the Instagram Reels video you wish to remix. You can open it either from the Reels tab or from a user’s profile.
2. Tap on the three-dot menu at the bottom-right corner and choose the “Remix This Reel” option from the list of options.
3. There are two options to remix a reel video: record a new video and pick an already-recorded video as a response.
4. Moreover, you can add effects, timer, touchup, and other tools available for use while recording the video.
5. Once you are done you remixing the reels, tap on the Next button and share the post.
Notably, you can also add stickers, have the option to add a voiceover to your reel, adjust the audio mix between both the original and your video, etc.
How to Enable Remix for Older Reels
There is one thing Instagram users need to remember: you cannot create a remix for reels that are uploaded before April 1, 2021. You can, however, manually enable and allow people to make a remix of your older videos.
1. Open any of your old Instagram reels videos that you want available for remixing.
2. Tap on the three-dot menu at the bottom-right corner and simply select “Enable Remixing.”
3. That’s it!
Similarly, you can follow the same steps and disable remixing for individual Reels. From the three-dot menu, select the “Disable Remixing” button.
How to Disable Remix for your Profile
Remixing Reels and collaborating with someone’s video sounds amazing, but what if someone messes with your Reels? To avoid such scenarios, Instagram also allows the option to permanently disable the Instagram Remix feature for your profile.
1. Open your profile page and tap on the hamburger menu located at the top-right corner.
2. Head to “Settings -> Privacy.”
3. Tap on Reels and toggle off the “Enable Remixing” option. This will turn off the remix feature for your profile and all the reels on your Instagram.
You may find Instagram Reels Remix strikingly similar to TikTok Duet, but there are some notable differences. You cannot make a Remix of a Remix on Instagram. However, you can create a TikTok Duet of another duet on the platform. Further, while you cannot go back to the original Duet in TikTok, you can go back to the original Reels on Instagram.
Next, you should check out some of these apps to make your Instagram Stories stand out.