Instagram provides a bunch of cool ways to share and create content on the platform, but do you know you can directly upload videos to Instagram from your PC? Most users edit their videos on their PCs, as it provides more options and ease of use than editing on a mobile phone. Using the methods mentioned in this post, you can directly upload those videos to Instagram from your PC.
Before we begin …
There are some Instagram video rules you need to adhere to in order to successfully upload your video.
- The preferred format size is MP4.
- The size of the file should not be more than 4GB.
- Videos should have a minimum frame rate of 30fps.
- The minimum accepted resolution is 720p.
- Users can upload a vertical video with an aspect ratio of 9:16, a horizontal video with an aspect ratio of 16:9, and a square video with an aspect ratio of 1:1.
1. Using Creator Studio for Instagram
The Instagram Creator Studio is one of the best, official ways for you to upload videos to Instagram from a PC. You can also use features such as tagging people or your followers, selecting a cover, and adding a caption, just like you do on your mobile phone. Here’s how to use Instagram Creator Studio:
1. First, ensure that your profile is set as a business account. You can do this by heading over to “Settings -> Account -> Switch to Professional Account.”
2. Pick a category for your business and select the “Business Account” option.
3. Move over to your PC and open the Creator Studio on a web browser. There will be two options at the top: Facebook and Instagram. You have to select the Instagram logo.
4. Log in to Instagram with your account credentials. You will be redirected to the homepage of the creator studio.
5. You will be able to see all of your stories, posts, videos, etc. on your Instagram profile.
6. Hit the “Create Post” button on the top left. You can choose to either upload a video as a post or as an IGTV video.
7. A new dialogue box will appear. Tap on “Add content.”
8. Browse the file location and select the video you want to upload on Instagram.
9. After uploading the video, you can also add details to your post, such as post information. Choose the cover picture of your post.
10. Finally, hit the “Publish” button at the bottom right. That’s it! You have uploaded a video on Instagram from your PC.
2. Using INSSIST Chrome Extension
You can also use a Chrome browser extension called INSSIST. It not only allows you to upload video from your PC but also lets you enjoy a complete mobile user interface on your PC.
1. Download the INSSIST Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store and add it to Chrome.
2. Click on the INSSIST extension icon in the browser and log in to your Instagram account.
3. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be shown a mobile interface of your Instagram profile just as you use it on your smartphone.
4. Similar to how you would upload a post on your mobile, hit the “+” button from the bottom menu and select the option “Photo/Video.”
5. Simply browse and select the video file that you wish to upload on Instagram and hit the “Next” button.
6. Tag people, add captions, use hashtags, etc. and upload the video.
Do note that although uploading video using the INSSIST Chrome extension is free, you can purchase the pro version at $4.99/month, which features options such as adding custom video thumbnails/covers and bulk scheduling.
These are the two best methods to upload videos to Instagram from a PC. I personally use INSSIST to post videos or any other post on my Instagram profile, as the interface replicates the mobile UI.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox