For those who have installed Internet Explorer 9 beta last week, you will find your previous installation of Internet Explorer been replaced by this latest version. In addition, when you try to uninstall the application (via Control panel), you will find that you won’t be able to do so, simply because the IE 9 entry is not in the uninstallation list.
Since IE9 is installed as an update, not as an application, to uninstall IE9, we need to uninstall the update instead of the program. Here’s how you can do so:
1. Open your Control Panel and click on the Uninstall a program link.
2. On the left pane, click the View Installed Updates.
3. Scroll down the list until you find the entry “Windows Internet Explorer 9“. Highlight it and click the Uninstall button.
4. You will see the Uninstallation prompt. Once it is done, you will be asked to restart the computer.
5. After the restart, your Internet Explorer should restore back to IE 8.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox