Apple has added significant changes and improvements in its latest version of OS X. One of these improvements is in the Notes app. It now comes with many features including the ability to password protect your notes as well as letting you import Evernote notes. The former one has already been covered, so we will talk about the latter one in this guide.
If you have been using Evernote for your note tasks and wish to migrate to Apple Notes, you now have an easy way to do so. Apple has made migrating from Evernote to Apple Notes so easy that you will be done with the entire process in a few minutes.
Transferring Notes from Evernote to Apple Notes
In order to transfer all of your notes from your Evernote account to Apple Notes, you only need access to the Evernote app and the Apple Notes app; no other app is required.
1. Download and install the Evernote app on your Mac if it is not already installed.
2. When the app is installed, open it from the Launchpad by clicking on Launchpad in your dock and searching for and clicking on Evernote.
3. When the app launches you need to sign in with your Evernote account. Enter in your username and password and click on “Sign In.”
4. Once you have signed in to your Evernote account, you should be able to see all of the notes you have created in your account.
To select all of the notes to be transferred, click on the “Edit” menu and select “Select All.”
5. Once all of the notes have been selected, click on the “File” menu and select “Export Notes…”
6. The export notes dialog box should launch. Enter a name for the exported notes, select the location where you wish to save them, and ensure the format for these notes is set to “Evernote XML Format.”
Click on “Save” to export your notes and save them to the desired location.
7. When the notes have been exported, you will see the following message saying how many notes were exported. Click on “OK” and then exit out of the Evernote app as you no longer need it.
8. Launch the Apple Notes app.
9. When Notes launches, click on the “File” menu, and select “Import Notes…”
10. Navigate to the location where you have saved the imported Evernote file. Click on the file to select it, and then click on “Import” to import it into the Notes app.
11. You will get the following prompt on your screen which says that the imported notes will be placed inside a separate notes folder. Click on “Import Notes.”
12. All of your Evernote notes should now be available in the Apple Notes app. You can access these imported notes by clicking on the “Imported Notes” folder.
If you have started to love the Apple Notes app and wish to move your notes over from Evernote, the above guide should help you migrate seamlessly from one app to another.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox