You’ve decided to make the leap from Android to iOS, but moving doesn’t have to be stressful! If you don’t fancy manually adding every single one of your contacts to your new iPhone, here we will show you how you can quickly and easily transfer your contacts from Android to iOS.
Move to iOS: using Apple’s official app
Move to iOS is Apple’s first Android application, and unsurprisingly, it’s an app that helps Android users migrate to iOS!
The Move to iOS application allows users to transfer media, bookmarks, email accounts, calendar and contacts from their Android smartphone to their new iOS device over a private Wi-Fi network that iOS creates automatically.
Note that the Move to iOS application is designed for when you first set up your iPhone. If you’ve already completed the setup process, you’ll need to reset your iPhone and then run the Move to iOS app.
To transfer your contacts (and any other data) using Move to iOS:
1. On your Android device, install the Move to iOS application.
2. Launch the app.
3. When prompted, tap “Continue.”
4. Read the terms and conditions, and if you agree, tap “Agree.”
5. Move to iOS will now request access to your data, such as your contacts and messages; grant these permission requests.
6. You’ll now be prompted to enter a 12-digit code from iOS, so grab your new iPhone.
7. Power up your iPhone and follow the om-screen instructions to begin the standard setup process. When you reach the “App & Data” screen, tap “Move Data to Android,” and you should be presented with a 12-digit code.
8. Switch back to your Android device, and enter this code into the Move to iOS application.
9. You can now select all of the data that you want to transfer from your Android device to your new iPhone. Make sure you select your contacts!
The Move to iOS application will now transfer all of your contacts plus any other data that you selected. Depending on the volume of data, this can take a while, especially if you’re transferring lots of videos and photos!
Once the transfer is complete, just keep following the onscreen instructions to complete the standard iPhone setup process. When your iPhone boots, you’ll have access to all of your contacts.
Sync contact data to your Google account
Do you have a Google account set up on your Android device? You can transfer your contacts by syncing this information with your Google account and then logging into the same Google account on your iPhone.
To make sure your contacts are synced with your Google account:
1. On your Android device, launch the “Settings” application.
2. Navigate to “Cloud and accounts -> Accounts.”
3. Tap your Google account.
4. Tap “Sync account.”
5. Next, push the “Sync Contacts” slider into the “On” position.
Now, switch to your iPhone:
6. Launch the “Settings” application.
7. Tap “Password & Accounts.”
8. Tap “Add account -> Google.”
9. Log into your Google account.
After a few minutes, all of your contacts should be successfully synced to your iPhone.
With your new iPhone successfully set up, you can now install and play some of the new iOS games for this month.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox