VeraCrypt is a free open source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Brought to you by IDRIX and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a.
It helps you create virtual disks that are encrypted so your data is safe and secure.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time(on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password.
|License||Free and Open Source|
|Supported Platforms||Linux, macOS, Windows|
|MTE Reviews||How to Encrypt Files and Folders with VeraCrypt in Ubuntu|
5 Best TrueCrypt Alternatives to Safeguard Your Data
Why and How to Encrypt Your Files on macOS