Hotshots is a screenshot tool with some editing features. It is particularly suitable for writing documentation (as used in the following chapters) but you can use it to highlight some details on a map image or what ever you want.
Because HotShots is written with Qt, it runs on Windows and Linux.
- Grab current screen, all monitors (in case of multi-monitors configuration), current window or a part of the desktop.
- Save the screenshot in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP, ...).
- Automatically save the screenshot to clipboard, disk or launch the editor tool.
- Automatically scale the screenshot to a given size.
- Use “system” shortcuts to take a screenshot.
|License||Free and Open Source|
|Supported Platforms||Linux, Windows|
|MTE Reviews||HotShots: A Lightweight and Useful Screen Capture Tool For Linux|