FreeCAD is a parametric 3D modeler made primarily to design real-life objects of any size. Parametric modeling allows you to easily modify your design by going back into your model history and changing its parameters. FreeCAD is open-source and highly customizable, scriptable and extensible.
FreeCAD is multiplatfom (Windows, Mac and Linux), and reads and writes many open file formats such as STEP, IGES, STL, SVG, DXF, OBJ, IFC, DAE and many others.
- Full GUI application.
- Can also run as a command line application.
- Can be imported as a Python module.
- Workbench concept.
- Plugin/Module framework for late loading of features/data-types.
- Parametric associative document objects.
- Parametric primitive creation.
- Graphical modification operations like translation, rotation, scaling, mirroring, offset.
- Boolean operations.
- Graphical creation of simple planar geometry.
|License||Free and Open Source|
|Supported Platforms||Linux, macOS, Windows|