Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and web developers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. It supports many programming and markup languages.
Bluefish is an open source development project, released under the GNU GPL license.
It is a multi-platform application that runs on most desktop operating systems including Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, OpenBSD and Solaris.
- Lightweight - It tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast - It starts really quick (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents.
- Project support, enables you to work efficiently on multiple projects, and automatically restores settings for each project.
- Multi-threaded support for remote files using gvfs, supporting FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and more.
- Very powerful search and replace, with support for Perl Compatible regular expressions, sub-pattern replacing, and search and replace in files on disk.
- Open files recursively based on filename patterns and/or content patterns.
|License||Free and Open Source|
|Supported Platforms||Linux, macOS, Windows|