AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast editor.
Although it's only designed to handle plain text documents, it has a number of other features such as single window, multi-window, and pseudo window support.
The software is just perfect if you only want to play around with plain text files.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI).
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven).
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE).
- Support of any codepage installed in the system.
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats.
- Preview file open.
- Correct pseudographics displaying.
- Column text selection.
- Multi-level undo.
- Fast search/replace text strings.
|License||Free and Open Source|