Clipboard apps have come a long way and have evolved from just a basic copy/paste tool. Today, clipboard apps have become so advanced that they let you copy content on one device and paste onto another. Some of the apps even let you retain your clipboard content after you reboot your machine.
In the following roundup we cover five smart clipboard managers for Mac from our Software Discovery section. Explore what you can do beyond just copying content with these clipboard manager apps.
Scrapbook is an innovative clipboard which enables you to store more than one item for future use. All of your clipboard entries will remain even if you restart your computer.
- Stores up to hundreds of items
- Stores plain or formatted text
- Fast access via menubar
- Icon in dock and/or menubar
- Naming of clips
- Lock individual entries
- Pre-defined tools
- Writing direction: support for RTL/LTR
- Snippets for often reusable text
- Manage snippets in folders
- Search slips and snippets
- Free configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Easy integrated text editor
- Quick lock integration
- Backup/restore of scrapbook and snippets
- Full drag and drop support
- Notification center
- Stores several picture and file formats
- Abbreviations for snippets
- Hotkeys for clips
- Hotkeys for snippets
- Automatic update via Sparkle
Copia is a really smart and elegant clipboard manager for Mac. It remembers every time you copy something so that you can reuse it later on.
- Neat and versatile
- Identify and classify items
- Always responsive
- All items are presented in a consistent and recognizable way
- Sharp and minimal
- Appears on your chosen side of the screen
Flycut is a clean and simple free clipboard manager for developers. It’s based on an open source app called Jumpcut.
Every time you copy a code piece, Flycut stores it in history. Later, you can paste it using Shift-Command-V even if you have something different in your current clipboard. You can change the hotkey and other settings in preferences.
- Clean and simple
- Copy content without it getting replaced by latest copied content
- Paste old content using the hotkey Shift-Command-V
- Free and open source
1Clipboard is a universal clipboard managing app that makes it easy to access your clipboard from anywhere on any device.
It is available for free for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Synchronize everything you copy and access it from anywhere on any device
- Copy as usual then paste it to any other device whenever you need it
- Clipboard history
- Mark your favorites
- Search your past
CopyQ is an advanced clipboard manager with editing and scripting features.
It monitors the system clipboard and saves its content in customized tabs. Saved clipboard content can be later copied and pasted directly into any application.
It’s available for free for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Support for Linux, Windows and OS X 10.9+
- Store text, HTML, images or any other custom formats
- Quickly browse and filter items in clipboard history
- Sort, create, edit, remove, copy/paste, and drag and drop items in tabs
- Add notes or tags to items
- System-wide shortcuts with customizable commands
- Paste items with shortcut or from tray or main window
- Fully customizable appearance
- Advanced command-line interface and scripting
- Ignore clipboard copied from certain windows or containing certain text
- Support for simple Vim-like editor and shortcuts
With these clipboard replacements, you will be able to be more productive while working with clipboard tasks on your Mac. Feel free to check out our Software Discovery section that contains clipboard managers for other operating systems and many other useful apps you might want to install on your machine. Let us know what you think about it in the comments below.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox