Apple has always been pretty adamant about the way it shows the current charge of your iPhone’s battery. As you already know, there’s an ever-present battery icon in the top-right corner of iOS. However, thanks to iOS 14, there are now more ways to check that information. Let’s talk about how to show the battery percentage on iPhone, instead of just an icon.
Before we dive deeper, a couple of useful bits of advice. At the moment, there are few ways to show the battery percentage on an iPhone: Control Center an option present only in iOS 14 (a widget). Of course, you can also rely on Siri. The following instructions apply to any iPhone, as long as it runs iOS 14.0 or higher.
1. Show Battery Percentage Using the Control Center
Starting with the easiest way to show battery percentage on an iPhone, let’s take a look at using the Control Center.
1. Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone’s screen. A grid of icons, buttons, and controls will appear.
2. Take a look at the top-right corner of your Control Center. Right next to the battery icon will be the remaining percentage of your phone battery.
3. To exit the Control Center, swipe up from anywhere on your smartphone’s screen. Alternatively, you can swipe from the bottom of the screen, as you would do to return to your home screen.
You don’t even have to open the Control Center entirely. Swipe from the top-right corner of your device’s screen – but this time, stop short of opening it fully. When Control Center is about to appear, you will see the battery percentage of your iPhone.
2. Using the Battery Widget
As you probably know, iOS 14 brought a big change to how the operating system looks. Thanks to widgets, you can now get more detailed info from specific apps. And yes, there’s a new battery widget as well. Here’s how to use it.
1. Enter the “jiggle” mode on your iPhone. Tap and hold on any black space on your home screen. (It can be any page of your home screen.)
2. Once the icons start jiggling, you will see the “+” icon appear in the top-left corner. Tap on that icon, and the widget picker will appear.
3. Scroll down until you see the list of available widgets. Tap on “Batteries,” and another window will open. There will be three different styles and sizes to choose from, choose you pick and tap on “Add Widget.” Keep in mind that the smallest battery widget doesn’t show the battery percentage, while the other two widgets do.
4. Finally, feel free to reposition the newly added widget. Once you’re happy with how everything looks, tap on Done. That’s it!
3. Ask Siri
Finally, there’s one more way to show the battery percentage on your iPhone. At any given moment, you can ask Siri, which comes in handy if you need to find that information quickly.
Remember that you can call up Siri by holding the Side button. (You should see Siri’s icon appear on your screen.) And if you’ve enabled “Hey Siri” via “Settings -> Siri & Search,” you can just say “Hey Siri,” then ask about your phone’s battery.
Speaking of the questions you can ask Siri, here’s how you can phrase them:
- Battery percentage
- Battery status
- What’s my battery percentage?
- How much battery do I have left?
These are the three ways to show the battery percentage on the iPhone. While we still have your attention, we’d like to recommend a couple more resources to take full advantage of your iPhone and iOS 14.