Social media accounts, in general, have a unique link that you share with others so that they can connect with you. You can do the same with WhatsApp as well by creating WhatsApp profile links. You can then proceed to use the profile link to share your WhatsApp account number with others. The recipient simply needs to open the profile link to connect directly with you on WhatsApp. Let's look at 5 different ways to find and send someone your WhatsApp link.
Also read: 10 Best Sticker Packs for WhatsApp
1. Share Your Phone Number Directly
WhatsApp accounts do not have a username. Your phone number actually acts as your username or unique ID. If you want to connect with someone on WhatsApp, you can simply share your phone number with them.
Normally they would need to save your phone number to their contacts in order to message you. For that, they must open the WhatsApp app, tap on the new chat button, and find your contact. Nevertheless, it's possible to also WhatsApp someone without saving the phone number and you can learn how by reading our earlier article on the matter.
Also read: How to Use WhatsApp on Chromebook
2. Create a WhatsApp Link Manually
To generate your profile link, you must use the https://wa.me/WhatsAppnumber template, where "WhatsAppnumber" is your phone number in the international format i.e., country code (without zero, dashes, brackets, or +sign) + actual phone number.
- https://wa.me/14134567890, where 1 is the country code of the USA and 4134567890 is the phone number.
- https://wa.me/914234567890, where 91 is the country code of India and 4234567890 is the phone number.
Once you have your unique WhatsApp link, simply copy-paste and send it to others via WhatsApp, e-mail, add it in Instagram stories, or send it via any other app of your choice. The other person simply needs to click on the link and your WhatsApp chat will open.
3. Generate WhatsApp Link Online
If you aren’t confident about creating your WhatsApp profile link yourself as shown in the above method, you can generate WhatsApp links online using third-party tools. With these tools, you simply need to input your country code and phone number, and they will create your WhatsApp profile link within seconds. You can also add a message that others will see when they contact you.
- To create WhatsApp profile link, open create.wa.link in a browser.
- Scroll down to the "Create your free link here" section.
- Choose your country and enter your phone number. You may even add a custom message in the message box.
- Next, click on "Generate my wa.link" at the bottom.
- Copy the link that shows up and share it with others via chat apps, email or any other way you want.
Other WhatsApp link generators that you can try are:
4. Generate WhatsApp Short Link on WhatsApp Business
Unlike regular WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business offers a built-in feature to generate a unique link for your WhatsApp number. Just share the WhatsApp Business short link with others so that they can connect with you on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp Business app (Android | iOS) on your phone.
- Go to Settings (from three-dot on Android or by tapping on "Settings" tab on iPhone).
- Tap on "Business tools".
- Next, find and press on "Short link" to view your WhatsApp business profile link.
- Tap on the "Share link" button to send the link to others.
Pro Tip: At any time, if you want to block the current profile link so that no one can message you using the link, tap on the three-dot icon at the top and choose "Reset link". The existing link will become non-functional. You must then create share a new link with others.
5. Share WhatsApp QR Code
Did you know that WhatsApp has a native feature to generate QR code for your WhatsApp number? Surprised? Well, you are not alone. WhatsApp hasn’t marketed the QR code feature much. But that’s what we are here for. You can easily create, share, and scan WhatsApp QR codes all within WhatsApp itself on both Android and iPhone.
Note: You can generate QR codes on WhatsApp Business as well.
How to Find and Share QR Code for WhatsApp Profile on Android
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and go to "Settings".
- Tap on the QR code icon next to your name to see the QR code for your WhatsApp number on the next screen.
- Now, tap on the "Share" icon at the top to send over the QR code to others via WhatsApp or other apps. Alternatively, you can take a screenshot of this QR code and share the screenshot with others.
Also read: How to Export Telegram Chat History
How to Find and Share QR Code for WhatsApp Profile on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap on "Settings" tab at the bottom and press the QR code icon next to your name.
- You will be greeted by your WhatsApp number’s QR code. Tap on the "Send" icon at the top to share the QR code with others. Or, simply take a screenshot of the QR code and share it.
- To scan WhatsApp QR code, tap on the "Scan" button in step 3 or use the iPhone’s Camera app to scan the QR code.
Bonus: Share WhatsApp Group Links
If you are an admin of a WhatsApp group, you can create and share a link to your WhatsApp group as well. Anyone with the link can then request to join the group.
- Open the WhatsApp group whose link you want to generate on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap on the group’s name at the top to open the group info screen.
- Go to the "Participants" section and tap on "Invite via link". Here you will get multiple options to share the group link, such as send link via WhatsApp, copy link, or create QR code.
- To make the WhatsApp group link non-functional, tap on "Reset" link.
Tip: Learn how to find WhatsApp group link on PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you give someone your WhatsApp without giving your number?
No, it’s not possible give your WhatsApp to someone without them knowing your phone number. Sure, you can send the QR code but that will eventually show the number in WhatsApp.
Can a deleted contact still see me on WhatsApp?
If you delete a contact from your phone, they can still see and message you on WhatsApp. But you can definitely control the privacy settings and restrict them from seeing your profile picture, last seen, and status.
How to add a WhatsApp link to your Instagram bio?
First, find and copy your WhatsApp profile link as shown above. Then, open the Instagram app and go to your profile. Tap on "Edit profile" underneath your profile picture. Paste the copied link in the website section.
All screenshots by Mehvish Mushtaq
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox