What I find to be an inconvenient task is to send a text message when I am using my computer as I have to take my eyes off my computer, unlock my phone, type in the message and then send it. I really wish there were a way I could directly send a message from my computer without directly using my phone.
Fortunately, there is now a way for all those computer freaks to send a message. As long as you have an Android device, you can use an app to send a text message using your computer.
Sending a Text Message from Your Computer
In order to send a text message from your computer, you are going to use an app called MightyText. The app is available for free and does more than just letting you send a message. Here’s how you can use it:
1. Head to the Google Play store and download and install MightyText on your Android device.
2. Launch the app when it has been installed.
3. On the first screen of the app you should see a button saying “Complete Setup.” Tap on it to go ahead with the setup procedure.
4. On the screen that follows it should ask you if it can access the Google App Engine in your account. Tap “OK.”
5. You should now be on the final step where you can see a URL that you need to enter in a web browser on your computer. Type in the URL to the browser and press Enter.
6. You will need to log in with the Google account that you use on your Android device.
7. MightyText will then ask you if it can use your Google account to sync your text messages. Click on “Allow.”
8. You should now be on the screen where you can see all of the text messages that are available on your device. Here you can read old messages, send new ones, and do many more things.
Since we wish to send a new text message, click on “New Message” in the left panel.
9. In the compose window enter the name or the number you wish to send the message to, type in your message in the message body, and then click the arrow icon to send it.
10. You should see something like the following image when the message has been sent.
11. You have successfully sent a text message from your computer with the help of your Android device.
Technically, what happens here is that MightyText only acts as a bridge to let you send a message from your computer. The real message gets sent from your Android device. Therefore, your recipients will see your actual mobile number and not a web-based SMS service number.
Having the ability to send a text message right from the computer saves you from the hassle of moving between your computer and your Android device. It makes sending a text message much more convenient.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox