Did you know that you can send disappearing photos and videos on Instagram? Using the built-in Instagram feature, you can send photos and videos that will disappear after the recipient has seen them. No longer do you have to worry about your photos and videos being downloaded or shared by other people. In this guide, we show you the complete process of how to send a disappearing photo or video on Instagram.
Instagram Disappearing Photo or Video Options Explained
Before we proceed with sending disappearing photos or videos on Instagram, it is good to first understand the different options that it provides. Basically, there are three options to choose from while using this feature:
- View Once: choosing this option will allow the recipient to view the image or video only once. After viewing the media, the image or video will disappear immediately.
- Allow Replay: this option will let the recipient watch the sent photo or video on a loop. This means the recipient can view the photo/video one more time before they disappear.
- Keep in Chat: using this option will continue to preview the image of the photo or video on the chat thread.
Steps to Send a Disappearing Photo/Video on Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android phone.
2. Click on the “Message icon” located on the top right of the Instagram interface.
3. Tap on the “camera” icon located beside a contact name.
4. The Instagram camera will open. You can either snap a photo using the camera or select an image from your phone’s gallery.
5. After you are done selecting the image, you will see three options in the black bar at the bottom, i.e. view once, allow replay, and keep in chat.
6. Select the “view once” option by scrolling through the options to the extreme left.
7. hit the “Send” button to send the disappearing photo or video to the recipient. The disappearing image or video will be seen in the chatbox below.
8. That’s it!
This option is pretty handy when you want to share something that only needs to be seen once. There is one thing that you should remember: this feature is not available on the web version of Instagram. You have to use the app on Android or iOS to send disappearing images or videos.