If you have stored many files in a Google Drive folder, you will find it difficult to see how many files are in there because the site does not have an option that lets you see the file count.
Using the workaround below, though, you should be able to see the number of files that are available in a Google Drive folder. These workarounds require no third-party apps or tools, and you can do it right from your browser.
Here are two of the ways to find out how many files are in a Google Drive folder.
1. Drag But Do Not Drop Method
1. Open the Google Drive folder to see the available files.
2. Scroll all the way down until all of your files are loaded. If you do not do this, you will only get the count of the files that have been loaded.
3. Select all the files using the “Shift + A” key combination.
4. Once all the files are selected, drag as if you are going to drop them into another folder, but do not drop – just leave them there.
When you do that you should see the count of the files in a small rounded shape. That is the number of files you have in your Google Drive folder.
2. Using the Share Dialog Box to See the Number of Files
In this method you will click the Share button as if you are going to share the files, but you will not actually do that.
1. Open the Google Drive folder, and get to the end of the folder so that all the files load.
2. Press the “Shift + A” key combo to select all the files on the screen.
3. Right-click on any one file and select “Share…”
4. On the following screen you should be able to see the number of files you have in the folder in the brackets next to the words “Share with others.”
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to count the files that exist in a folder on Google Drive, the quick tips above should help you do that.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox