Do you want to present a slide, show pictures from a gallery, or watch videos with your friends or colleagues in a Google Meet call or meeting? Thankfully, sharing a phone or PC screen on Google Meet is relatively easy. Follow this tutorial to learn how to share the screen on Google Meet on Android, iPhone, and PC.
Good to know: If you don't want others to see what is behind you on a video call, you can change your background on Google Meet.
Share Your Screen on Google Meet on Computer
There are two ways to screen your share on Google Meet on PC. First, you must choose when you want to share the screen.
Method 1: Before Joining a Meeting
- Open meet.google.com in a browser.
- Enter the meeting code or click the meeting link to join the meeting.
- Click on the "Present" button.
- On the "Choose What to Share" window, you can share your entire screen, a window, or a specific tab. If you want to share audio from a website like YouTube, select the "Chrome Tab" option, choose the desired tab, and check the box next to "Share Tab Audio."
Similarly, if you want to share the audio on your device, select "Entire Screen," and enable the audio toggle at the bottom.
Method 2: After Joining a Meeting
You can also screen share anytime after you join a Google Meet call.
- Create a new meeting or join a Google Meet meeting on your PC.
- Click on the "Present" icon at the bottom. It’s the icon with an up arrow.
- You will have three options: your entire screen, a window, and a tab. Select "Tab" if you want to share the screen with audio.
To stop sharing the screen, click the Present icon, select "Stop Presenting," or click the "Stop Sharing" button at the bottom.
Also helpful: Google Meetfor better quality.
Share Your Screen on Google Meet on iPhone
Follow these steps to screen share in a Google Meet meeting on iPhone:
- Join the Google Meet meeting in which you want to share your screen.
- Tap the three-dot icon at the bottom and select "Share Screen."
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Tap on "Continue" followed by "Start Broadcast."
Unlike computers, you cannot choose what you want to share from your iPhone. Instead, everything on your iPhone’s screen will be shared with the other people on the call or in the meeting, including any notifications you may receive. Make sure to not have personal information on the screen while presenting. Also, turn on Do not disturb mode while sharing the screen in Google Meet or any other app.
Tip: learn how to also share the screen on Discord.
Share Your Screen on Google Meet on Android
You can use Google Meet on Android in two ways: through a video call or by joining a group meeting. The steps to share the screen differ between the two. In fact, there are three ways to screen share on Google Meet from an Android phone.
Method 1: Screen Share in Google Meet Meeting
If you are part of a Google Meet meeting, you must share the entire screen.
- Join a Google Meet meeting on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the bottom of the screen, and select "Share screen" from the menu.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Select "Start Sharing" followed by "Start Now."
Method 2: Share Screen in Google Meet Call
If you are on a regular video call on Google Meet, you can share the entire screen and cast from individual apps like YouTube, Gallery, and more. This method even lets you share the screen with audio. Follow these steps to share your screen with audio in Google Meet from an Android phone:
- Open the Google Meet app on your phone.
- Join or start a new video call.
- Tap the three-dot icon at the bottom and select "Live sharing." If you don't see it, scroll through the list of options.
- Select the app whose screen you want to share. If you want to share audio from the app, enable the toggle next to "Share audio from videos or apps?"
- Alternatively, tap on "Share now" to share your entire screen.
Also helpful: if you use Google Duo instead of Meet, you can share your screen on a Duo call.
Method 3: Share Screen with Audio in Google Meet Meeting
Like regular video calls, you can watch a video together through apps like YouTube in a Google Meet meeting. However, this method only works if all participants have an Android device.
- Join a Google Meet meeting on your Android phone.
- Tap on the Meeting code at the top.
- Go to the Activities tab and select YouTube or any other service you want to watch or play together.
- Play the video, and it will also start showing on other devices. Make sure to unmute your microphone if you want to share audio.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will others see my video when I am sharing my screen on Google Meet?
That depends on whether your camera is on or off. If your camera is on, others will see your video.
Can I prevent others from sharing their screen on Google Meet?
If you are a host, click the Host Control icon in the bottom-right corner of your PC when you're in the meeting. On a mobile phone, tap the three-dot icon and select "Host Management." Enable the toggle next to Host Management to allow screen sharing, and turn it off to not allow it.
How can I fix an issue with my screen sharing not working on Google Meet on my mobile?
If you cannot share your screen on Google Meet, start by restarting your phone, then update the Google Meet app. On Android, clear the cache of the Google Meet app. On iPhone, go to "Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Content Restrictions -> Screen Recording." Select "Allow."
All screenshots and images by Mehvish Mushtaq.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox