Being able to schedule an email or message to send at a later time is useful for productivity. You can set up important dates in advance or add a reminder for your teammates. If you are working remotely and with colleagues across time zones. you can schedule your messages so everyone in the team gets it on time. Slack has this nifty “Schedule for later” option that allows you to schedule your messages. Here we show you how to schedule Slack messages on Android and online.
How to Schedule Slack Messages on Android
To schedule messages in the Slack Android app, it is recommended that you update to the latest version to avoid any issues.
1. Open the Slack Android app and the workspace where you wish to send a scheduled message.
2. Type in the message as you normally would.
3. Instead of hitting the “Send button,” long-press on it. This will pop up a “Schedule message” menu where you can select from the already given quick time or hit the “Custom time” button to set a custom date or to your needs.
4. Once everything is done, press the “Schedule Message” button.
That’s it. You have now scheduled a message on the Slack Android app.
The scheduled Slack messages will be delivered to the recipient on the exact date and time you have selected.
The process of scheduling Slack messages online is a bit different compared to the Android app. Let us check how you can do that on the Slack online platform.
How to Schedule Slack Messages Online
Here are the steps to follow to schedule messages on the Slack online platform.
1. Open the Slack workspace website and select the workspace where you wish to send scheduled messages.
2. Type in the message in the text box as you would normally do.
3. Instead of hitting the “Send” button, press the “Arrow” (“Schedule for Later”) button next to the “Send” button.
4. Set the time you want the message to be sent.
5. After selecting the time and preferred date, simply click on the green “Send Message” button.
6. You will see a note on top in the conversation history showing when your message will be sent.
View All Scheduled Messages in Slack Online
There can be situations where you need to check or change the messages you have scheduled. Here’s how you can view all scheduled messages in Slack online.
1. Open the workspace where you have scheduled messages for later.
2. Just over the conversations box, you will find a “See all scheduled messages” link button.
3. Clicking on the button will list all the Slack messages you have scheduled.
4. From here, you can edit, reschedule or send a message immediately via the “pencil” icon, “clock” icon, and “arrow/paper airplane” icon.
View All Scheduled Messages in Slack Android App
Accessing scheduled messages in the Slack Android app is similar to the online platform process.
1. Open the workspace where you have scheduled a message in the Slack Android app.
2. Simply click on any channel and hit the “See all scheduled messages” option.
3. It will list all the messages you have scheduled.
4. Long-press on the scheduled message to reveal four options: Edit message, Reschedule message, Cancel schedule and save to drafts, and Delete message.
5. Choose your desired action for the scheduled message.
The good thing about scheduling messages on Slack is that it is easy to do, and you can also edit them just before they are sent. You can also check out how to fix issues with Slack notifications not working and a complete cheat sheet of Slack keyboard shortcuts.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox