Have you ever needed to print out a Web page, but didn’t have a printer? Or maybe you have a printer, but you’re just looking to save your ink and paper? Whatever your situation, one of the best and easiest solutions to this problem is to simply save the Web page as a PDF file.
Doing this will help to save the earth since you won’t be wasting paper. However, if you really need to print out the page, you can just as easily take that PDF file to a friend’s house or public location where you can have printer access.
One Chrome extension that you may find handy for this task is called Print Friendly & PDF. It lets you save any Web page as a PDF, and you can also remove images and delete other content before saving. Thus, it allows you to create your own custom PDF files for safe-keeping.
1. You’ll first need to add the Print Friendly & PDF extension to your Chrome browser.
2. When you’re on a page that you want to convert to PDF, click on the Print Friendly & PDF icon on your browser toolbar.
3. The Print Friendly & PDF window will appear over the current page. This is where you can go through and delete images and elements that you don’t want saved. This is done by mousing over any item and then clicking on the “click to delete” option.
You can also change the text size and remove all images at once if you don’t want any of them to appear.
4. When you’re done customizing your PDF file, click on the “PDF” button in between the “Print” and “Email” buttons.
5. You’ll be prompted to download your PDF. You can choose between two page sizes: letter and A4.
Save the PDF to your computer or USB drive if you prefer, and you’re done! Now you can access it whenever and wherever you’d like.
Note: Check out this list for more Print to PDF extension.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox