If you tend to get most of your news and updates from Facebook, even while at work, you might be dealing with a huge productivity-killer. Fortunately, it’s possible to find a balance between spending time on Facebook and being productive at work. You could start using “Save Posts” – a feature that lets you save all types of posts to read later. When you finally get some free time, you can go back to your saved posts and go through them. Read on to learn how to save posts to read later on Facebook.
How to Save Posts on Facebook
Saving posts to read later is extremely simple, and you can do this on literally any type of post you see on Facebook, including photos, videos, links, events, places and everything else. Follow the steps below to get started saving posts whether you’re using Facebook on your PC or mobile device.
- When you are going through the news feed, click on the three dots next to the post you want to save for later.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Save Post” to save it. The “Save Post” button changes according to the type of content you are saving. For example, “Save Video” is used for videos, and “Save Link” is used for link-based posts.
- Facebook will ask you where you wish to save the post. You can save it to an older folder or create a new one by pressing the “New Collection” option.
- If you’ve selected the later option, you’ll have to give the collection a name and choose its visibility status. Press the “Create” button to make a new folder.
These collections can be set on “Public” as well as “Private” (for your eyes only). There are also a few other options that are discussed later in this guide.
How to See and Manage Your Saved Posts on Facebook
Saving posts is super easy, but how do you access them later, when your schedule has finally cleared up? Follow these steps if you’re browsing Facebook on your PC.
- Open Facebook in your browser of choice on your desktop.
- Look on the right side of your newsfeed. You’ll see a menu featuring various options (underneath the Search bar).
- Select “Saved” to be taken to a list of all your saved items.
- You can filter your saved posts so that you only see the videos, products, links, etc., by hitting the filter button in the upper right.
- Additionally, you can easily re-share a saved post on your profile. Just tap on the Forward button underneath the post.
- The post will be automatically created. Just press “Post.”
- It’s also possible to quickly change to the collection where you initially saved a post. Just tap on the “Add to collection” button and select another one from the list that appears.
- Alternatively, you can choose to remove the post from your Saved items list by pressing the three dots and selecting “Unsave.”
On mobile, the process is similar but with slight differences. Here’s how you can see your Saved posts.
- Open the mobile app on your phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down until you see the menu cards. Tap on “Saved.”
- This will bring up the list of Saved items.
- Tap on the three dots next to a post to bring up a list of options at the bottom.
- Select whether you want to share the post or send it to someone via Messenger.
- Additionally, you can copy the link and send it to whoever you want on any other app.
- Alternatively, select the “Unsave” option and get rid of the post.
How to Invite Other People to View Your Collections
If you’re using Facebook on desktop, you can invite other people to view your various collections. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Saved posts page by following the steps above.
- On the left side of the display, tap on the collection you want to share.
- This will open the collection page. Tap on the “Invite” button underneath the page’s cover image.
- Enter your friends’ names, then click “Invite.”
On mobile things work a bit differently. Follow these steps.
- Open your Saved posts page on your mobile device.
- At the bottom, select the collection you wish to share.
- Tap on the thee dots next to the “Add more” button.
- Select “Privacy settings.”
- You can set the collection’s visibility to “Public” or “Friends.”
- There’s an extra option: “Contributors only.” This allows you to invite friends by pressing the “Invite Contributors” to view the collection. They are also given the option to add items to your collection.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Are there any similar tools that can be used outside of Facebook?
While “Save post” is an option limited only to Facebook, there are alternative tools that can be used to save content for later reading from basically any site or app. For instance, you may want to to add a read later feature in Google Chrome.
2. How can I stop getting notifications about my saved items?
Notifications for Saved items are enabled by default in Facebook. In order to turn them off, you need to go back to the Saved posts page on your desktop and click on the Gear icon on the left. This will open the Notification screen where you can toggle off all options or just disable one. It’s up to you.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox