- Dries hair very quickly
- Variable heat setting protects hair
- Leaves hair silky smooth
- LED light changes with temperature
- Needs instructions to show how to use the great features
If you want to wow people with your hair, the Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer is the beauty appliance you’ve been searching for. It’s more energy efficient, has an intelligent thermo sensor, is super quiet, and features ionic technology to tame your hair as well. This review takes a look at how well the Laifen Swift Special works for the average consumer and a professional.
This is a sponsored article and was made possible by Laifen. The actual contents and opinions are the sole views of the author who maintains editorial independence, even when a post is sponsored.
Swift Special Features
The Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer isn’t one that you’ll find at your corner Walgreens or local Walmart. This is a quality hair dryer that more closely compares to a Dyson. It features the following:
- Fast drying: 5.5 times more energy-efficient, thanks to a an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy brushless motor. It spins 110,000 per minute and has a 1,000 hour lifespan. The two speeds have the wattage of 1600W (230V) and 1400W (120V)
- Intelligent sensor: intelligent thermo sensor monitors the temperature 100 times per second to eliminate heat damage to your hair strands.
- Cool shot settings: alternate between hot, warm, and cold air at two-second intervals.
- Lightweight: weighing 407g (less than a pound), the hair dryer can be held easily throughout a hair styling session.
- Super quiet: motor noise registers at a frequency of about 20khz to not disturb others.
- Ionic technology: two-hundred million negative ions/second/cm3 are released when drying your hair to keep it smoother.
- Heat settings: three heat settings plus LED color ring that matches the settings to always know which setting you’re on.
- Magnetic attachments: three nozzles: concentrator, diffuser, and smoothing.
Multiple color options: Black, White, Red, Silver.
Unboxing the Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer, you’ll find:
- Swift Special Hair Dryer
- Concentrator nozzle
- Smoothing nozzle
- Diffuser nozzle
- User manual
One side of the hair dryer is where the heat is expressed, and the other features the settings and the LED light ring. There are two airflow speeds and wattages, 1600W (230V) and 1400W (120V), and three temperatures from cool to hot.
The LED lights up to show the current temperature. If you do a long-press on the temperature control button, the temperature will vary between cool, warm, and hot. The LED lights will change to match this as well.
The nozzle attachments magnetically attach to the airflow end of the dryer, which is a great improvement over the ones that ship with other hair dryers that don’t seem to stay on.
Let me start by saying that one thing matters to me with my hair: volume. After undergoing chemotherapy nine years ago, I’ve struggled a little to get my old volume back. So I was specifically looking for volume from the Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer.
I tried all the different temperature settings, including having the temperature vary between cool, warm, and hot. It seemed to stay cool more often than not to me in this mode. When I stuck with it, it did lead to fewer flyaways and frizz, which was great.
There was no doubt I had more volume in my hair no matter the temperature settings. But I had to use the diffuser attachment to dry my hair to eliminate the flyaways. The air came out so incredibly fast that it blew my thin hair off the round brush I used to style it.
Eventually, I dried my hair straight without a brush at the variable temp setting and with the smoothing nozzle. My hair was straight, smoother, very soft, and had volume. I definitely wouldn’t get this with a regular hair dryer.
It’s very hard to argue with the speed of drying. My hair was dry in record time. I typically dry the top and back of my hair, then come back around to dry the ends. They were already dry by the time I got there from the residual drying from the top and back.
I have a friend who owns a salon and asked her to use the Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer with her clients for a few days. I received back a glowing report and a set of before and after pics.
The hairstylist reported back that the Swift Special is “super quiet, lightweight, and perfect for all-day use!” She also reported that it dries “super fast without the intense heat.” She used it five to seven times a day with all her clients.
Her clients were equally impressed and asked if she was using a Dyson hair dryer. She reported, “It’s even better!”
After seeing the results and hearing the review of my friend, I asked her to give me lessons on how I could best use the Laifen Swift Special Hair Dryer. While I had great results with the Laifen, there is no doubt my results could be even better with a little instruction from someone who has been in the business for decades.
In fact, when it comes down to it, my only con with this hair dryer was that it didn’t come with a manual that more fully explained how to use all the wonderful features to have incredible-looking hair.
Save $50 on the Swift Special and take another $10 off with the code LAURA10 and get it for just $179.99. For a hair dryer deemed better than a Dyson, that’s about $300 to $400 less.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox