Are you tired of using Windows or OS X as your operating system and thinking of trying out, and possibly switching, to Linux? If you are, but are afraid that it will mess up your computer, fret not. In this Complete Beginner's Guide to Ubuntu 16.04 ebook, we will guide you and show you everything you need to know about Ubuntu - the most popular Linux distro.
Ubuntu 16.04 is the latest release of Ubuntu distro. Being a Long Term Support (LTS) release, it will be supported by Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, for the next five years.
This ebook is a thorough guide and will cover everything from the downloading of the installer file and installation to using and customizing the operating system.
With this ebook, you will become an Ubuntu expert in no time!
Table of Content
Chapter 1. Introduction to Ubuntu
- What Is "LTS" and What Is It For?
Chapter 2. Getting Started
- Where to Get Ubuntu
- Making a USB Installer Drive
Chapter 3. Installing Ubuntu
- Installing Proprietary Drivers
Chapter 4. Using Ubuntu and Unity Desktop
- Basic Navigation
- Changing Desktop Background
- System Settings
- Changing the System Language
- File Management
- Tweaking and Customizing Ubuntu
- Customizing Icons and Desktop themes
- Installing Software
- Mastering the Command Line
- Personal Package Archives (PPAs)
- Debian Package Files
Chapter 5. Basic Ubuntu Maintenance
- Updating the System
- Cleaning up the System
- Upgrading Between Ubuntu Support Releases
Chapter 6. Ubuntu Flavors
- Ubuntu GNOME
- Ubuntu Kylin
- Ubuntu Studio
- Ubuntu MATE
Chapter 7. Learning About Where to Get Support When Using Ubuntu
- Ubuntu Official Forums
- Ubuntu Official IRC
- Other Resources Ubuntu Users Can Turn to for Help
Chapter 8. Closing Thoughts