Not all the people in this world have time to update their Facebook Statuses and Twitter profiles regularly. Most just post once in a while due to lack of time. This is where services that schedule posts come in handy. Post scheduling helps you schedule posts to go live on your social profiles at a predefined time and date. That way all of your posts go live at the time you want them to. While there are a number of services that help you schedule posts, Postfity is a new one that works right inside your browser.
The app only supports Facebook and Twitter as of this writing. You can expect the other social sites to be included in this app soon.
Scheduling Posts on Facebook and Twitter
To schedule posts to go live on your Facebook newsfeed, you will need to let Postfity access your Facebook account.
Note: In the example below, I will only be showing the steps to schedule posts on Facebook. The procedure is identical for Twitter.
1. Open the Postfity app in your web browser.
2. On the page that loads, you will see Facebook and Twitter icons. Click on the icon that is labeled as “Log in with Facebook.” It will let you connect your Facebook account with the Postfity app.
3. You will then be redirected to Facebook for authorization. On that page, click on the button that says “Okay” in the bottom-right corner. It indicates you trust the app and allow it to use your account.
4. On the page that follows, select “Public” from the dropdown menu and hit “Okay.” What this means is that the statues that the app posts on your Facebook profile will be visible to the public (they will not be limited to your friends or friends of friends).
5. To post statues to your Facebook pages, you need to grant it permission to post to your Pages as well. Click on “Okay” and the app will get the required permission.
6. You will then be taken back to the app dashboard.
7. On the dashboard, click the blue button on the top that says “Connect account.” It is what allows you to select which accounts you want to post to.
8. On the next screen, click on your Facebook account. It will then be shown right before the connect account button.
9. The next thing is to write your post in the provided box. Simply type in anything you want to post, and optionally attach an image to it. When that is done, click the “Schedule” button.
10. This is the screen where you can define a time and date for your future post. Select time, date, and time zone for your post and hit “Save schedule!”
11. You are all done.
Your post is now scheduled to go live on the date and time specified by you in the last step. The app dashboard shows you all of your scheduled posts and allows you to manage them.
What’s great about Postfity is it is optimized for Facebook and Twitter and allows you to update your multiple accounts and pages with just one click. With its very own Chrome extension, you can schedule posts without leaving the current web page that you are on. It has support for RSS connections, so if you happen to have one, you can have it integrated with this service.
Postfity is a useful service for you to schedule posts to go live on specific days. There are no reasons for you to forget to wish your mom a very happy birthday on her birthday now.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox