Chrome extensions can be really helpful, allowing you to add additional functionality to your browser. However, if you have installed plenty of extensions, you may have a cluttered toolbar that looks messy and harder for you to find what you want. Luckily, you can choose which extensions to pin to the Chrome toolbar and which ones to hide away in the extensions menu.
Pin Extensions to Google Chrome
Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome before you start:
1. Click on the “Extensions” button in the toolbar next to your Profile avatar.
2. A drop-down menu will show you all the installed extensions that are enabled. These are divided into two categories: “Full Access” and “No Access Needed.”
3. In this list, next to each icon you’ll see a Pushpin icon. This icon will either be blue or grey. If it’s blue, this means that extension is pinned to the Chrome toolbar.
On the other hand, if it’s white, it means that the extension is hidden.
4. Click on the “Pushpin” icon to pin or unpin a Chrome extension in the toolbar.
Similarly, you can click and drag on the icons to rearrange the order of the pinned extensions to your liking.
If you click on any unpinned extension, you’ll be able to customize its settings directly without adding it to the toolbar.
Disabling the Extensions Toolbar Menu
Although the Extension toolbar menu has made managing extensions much easier, it may be complex for some users. If you’d like all extensions to simply appear in the toolbar, you can choose to disable the Extensions toolbar menu.
Note: Enabling/disabling Chrome flags can cause Chrome to stop working properly. Use this feature on your own discretion.
1. Enter the following command in Chrome’s URL bar and press Enter:
Click on the drop-down menu next to the “Extensions Toolbar Menu.” Choose the Disabled option.
Once done, click on the “Relaunch” button on the bottom right of the page to relaunch your browser.
You’ll notice that the Extensions toolbar is gone once you relaunch your browser. Instead, all of your extensions will be visible in the browser by default. You can choose to reenable the toolbar by the same method described above if needed.