One of the best things about a mobile app is that it turns complicated things into simple tasks on the phone. For almost every VPN app in the Google Play Store, it comes with a simple button where you can easily tap to connect to the VPN. For those who wanted private browsing, this is definitely one of the best ways to get connected to a VPN. However, there are times when you need to connect to a private VPN, and it doesn’t come with a mobile app. How can you manually connect to VPN in Android? Let’s check it out.
Manually Connect to VPN in Android
1. Grab your phone and unlock it. Starting at your home screen, drag the notification bar downward.
2. Now, tap your “Settings” icon. Yours may not look exactly like mine, but most Settings apps are available from the notification tray – if you can’t find it, use your App Drawer instead.
3. Within settings, below “Wireless and networks,” select “More.”
4. Within this menu, you should see an option for directly connecting to a VPN. Most modern Android phones support this feature, so if you aren’t seeing it, chances are your device is outdated.
5. Here is where you enter all the relevant information about your VPN. If you have a home or work VPN (that is, a non-provider VPN), you should already have all the information on hand that’s necessary to connect. Once you’re done entering the relevant information, tap “Save.”
6. Back in the VPN screen, you should see the newly set-up VPN profile. Simply tap on it to connect. Once connected, it should show an icon in the notification bar informing you that you are connected to a VPN.
Did this article help you manually connect to your VPN? Did you encounter any issues while following this guide or feel like we left anything out? Comment below and let us know if you need any help.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox