When it comes to accessing our Dropbox folder, there are many ways to do it. You can install the Dropbox desktop client on all your computers, open the browser and access the web version of Dropbox, or if you are on the move and own an Android, iPhone or Blackberry, you can download the app and access it on the move. If none of the above work for you, one last way is to carry your Dropbox on your USB drive and bring it everywhere you go.
DropboxPortableAHK is a Dropbox portable app. It is based on the AutoHotKey script and allows you to place your Dropbox folder in a USB drive and sync it anywhere, everywhere.
Note: DropboxPortableAHK only works in Windows.
1. Download DropboxPortableAHK (~0.5MB, zip file)
2. Unzip the zip file. Plug in your USB drive and move the “DropboxPortableAHK” folder (the folder that you have just unzipped) to the USB drive.
3. Open the DropboxPortableAHK folder and double click the “DropboxPortableAHK.exe” file to run it.
4. It will prompt you to download the Dropbox daemon. Click Ok to proceed. If you are interested, you can also get it to download the beta version of Dropbox.
5. After the download finished, the configuration window will appear. From here, you can set your Dropbox folder and configure the app to update automatically.
6. Lastly, it will walk you through the Dropbox setup process. If your USB drive comes with limited capacity (say 2GB or less), it is best for you to select “Selective Sync” and select only the important folders to sync.
That’s it. Once the sync is completed, you can bring your Dropbox everywhere in your USB drive. Anytime you need to sync your files, simply plug in your USB drive and double click the DropboxPortableAHK.exe file to run it.
DropboxPortableAHK is not affiliated with Dropbox.com, but it is still easy to install and use. If you really need to bring your Dropbox on your USB drive, this is the best solution.