If you have multiple USB-powered devices (who doesn’t these days?) that you would like to charge all at once, a decent multiple-port charger is aways good to have on hand. The one we’re looking at here is the Lumsing 40W 5-port USB desktop charger with an intelligent control chipset.
The Lumsing 5-port USB desktop charger is a stylish and affordable charger that is wear-resistant, blow-resistant, anti-scratch, and fingerprint-proof. On top of that it features intelligent fast charge technology that automatically delivers the appropriate current to each attached device for safe charging.
What’s in the Box
The Lumsing 5-port USB desktop charger comes with a 1.5M input power cable and a small, concise user guide. The desktop charger is available in black, blue, white and orange.
Use and Performance
Lumsing’s 5-port USB desktop charger is compact and can easily fit anywhere from a work desk to a restaurant table to a kitchen table; it doesn’t take up much space at all. Using it is just as simple: connect the power cable to the appropriate end of the charger and plug in your USB-powered devices on the other end.
The charger doesn’t come with any cables, so you’ll need to provide your own. Everyone has a few of these laying around these days (I know I have more than ten myself), so that shouldn’t be an issue. You’ll also want to use high-quality charging cables for the best performance since they can also impact how quickly your devices charge.
There isn’t an LED indicator to let you know that the charger is working, but it’s not really needed since you can look at your device to see whether it’s actually charging or not. There isn’t a power button or anything like that, either. It starts working as soon as you plug it in.
I tested the charger with three different smartphones at once, and the performance was satisfactory although not mind-blowing. I’m sure that the cables used probably have a factor in the results as well. The charger did get slightly warm during the one-hour testing period, but it wasn’t anything to worry about. Here were my results:
- Phone A with a 2070 mAh battery went from 34% to 80%, adding 46% power.
- Phone B with a 3200 mAh battery went from 60% to 99%, adding 33% power.
- Phone C with a 2000 mAh battery went from 72% to 94%, adding 22% power.
I know that when charging these devices separately, two of them would have definitely been fully charged within the hour, so I can’t really say that it boosted charging speeds. Personally, as long as I’m not in a hurry, I don’t mind the additional time too much since it’s more convenient to have everything connected to a single charger – especially when on-the-go.
- Delivers 40 watts of simultaneous charging. For example, you can charge two iPad Air devices and three iPhone 6 devices all at once and at top speed.
- Ideal for international travel usage with 5V output and 100-240V input, built-in multi-protection system, and minimized no-load noise.
- With a pure polycarbonate plastic shell (can withstand the weight of more than 200 pounds) and black glossy finish, the charger is well-protected from scratches and drops.
- CE/FCC/ROHS Certified and comes with an 18-month warranty.
The desktop charger is great considering its style, functionality, and features. I would also consider it a good value.
Each type of device that you connect to it is, of course, going to have different results since the charger itself decides on the best speeds. In some cases an individual charger may be best.
If you’re looking for a handy on-the-go desktop charger to help you charge multiple devices at once, this is a great choice.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox