Sometimes you may come across a video on YouTube that you would like to play again and again because it’s so good that you can’t help but keep playing it on your computer. One way to do this is to click the play button (again) when the video has ended. After a while you will probably realize this is not a productive method, and that there is bound to be a better way to loop video on YouTube.
Fortunately, you have a number of ways to play a video on YouTube infinite times. That means the video will only stop playing when you go in and click the stop button.
Here are three of those ways to loop videos on YouTube.
1. Using the Built-In Loop Option on YouTube
1. Head over to YouTube and find the video that you would like to keep playing in repeat mode. In the example below I have chosen the Finding Hope video.
2. When the video starts to play, right-click inside the video, and you will find an option that says “Loop.” Click on it to enable looping for the current playing video.
3. The video will continue playing and repeating itself until you ask it to stop. To do that, right-click on the video once again and click on “Loop,” and looping will be disabled.
2. Creating a Playlist with the Same Video
1. Head over to YouTube and find the video you want to play in la oop. When you’re on the video page, find the ID of the video which looks like what I have highlighted in the following screenshot.
If the video URL is:
Then the video ID is:
2. Now, replace “VideoID” in the following URL with your own video ID.
For the video that I have chosen, the resulting URL would look like the following:
3. Head to the URL you just placed your video ID in, and it should play the video in a loop for you.
3. Using an Extension for Your Browser
If you don’t want to go with any of the above ways to loop a video on YouTube, or you would like to have some extra settings to adjust for the video, then there’s a Chrome extension that can help you do that.
1. Open Chrome on your computer and head over to the Looper for YouTube extension page on the Chrome Web Store. Click on “Add to Chrome” to add the extension to your browser.
2. Click on “Add extension” on the prompt that appears on your screen to confirm the addition of the extension to your browser.
3. Once the extension is added to the browser, head over to YouTube and find the video you want to play in a loop. On the video page you should see an option saying “Loop” just beneath the subscribe button on that page. Click on it to loop the video.
As you can see in the above screenshot, you have a number of options to adjust for looping the video. Set them however you want and enjoy your video.
If you have ever wanted to play a video in a loop on YouTube, you now have three easy ways to do that, and two of them don’t even require a third-party tool.