While the Apple watch comes with many features, it is expensive, so you wouldn’t want to lose one. We’ve all been there – we can’t find our Apple Watch and are suddenly confronted with the idea that we may have misplaced a very important piece of technology. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to easily locate and remotely wipe your Apple Watch if you fear it’s been stolen.
Use the Find My app on your iPhone
The easiest and quickest way to locate your missing Apple Watch is by using the “Find My” app on your iPhone. If your Apple Watch is set up with your iCloud account, you can simply log in to the “Find My” app and locate it, as your Apple watch location will be included in the device list.
Follow the guide below to do this:
1. Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone. (It’ll be automatically downloaded on your iPhone if you’ve activated your iCloud account on your iPhone.)
2. Log in to your account using your Apple ID and password.
3. From the bottom tab, select Devices. Here, you’ll see a map with the location of your various devices. They might be scattered around the map.
4. Select your Apple Watch to get an exact location.
Depending on the location of your Watch, you’ll mostly get an accurate location of your watch, which you can use to physically locate it. You can also play a sound on it if you’re at the location and can’t exactly locate it.
You can also mark your Apple Watch as lost. This will disable Apple Pay, lock and track the device, and provide contact information so a finder can return it more easily. Similarly you can choose to receive notifications if the watch is found, and erase it entirely. Swipe up on the menu to see the full set of options.
Swipe up to see the full range of options:
You can also use “Find My” on your Mac or PC to get the location of your watch (if you don’t have access to your phone at any such moment). To do this, simply go to iCloud.com in your device’s browser and click on “Find My / Find my iPhone” to open the location interface.
Another option to quickly locate your Apple Watch is to do so by using the Watch app.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your watch at the top of the screen.
3. Tap on the little Info button next to it.
4. Select “Find My Apple Watch.”
This method will also open up the Find my App, but it jumps directly to the location and details of your Apple Watch specifically.
Using the methods listed above, you’ll mostly be able to quickly locate your lost Apple Watch. If it has been stolen, you can do a remote wipe, too. In that case, we recommend making a report to the police alongside keeping an eye on the location on the Find My app (if it’s available)