Everyone can benefit from a good download manager no matter what operating system you’re using. A really good one can help you out with so many different factions of the downloading process such as speed, organization, scheduling, batch downloading, etc. The following download managers are all worthy of your time to check them out.
EagleGet allows you to download files faster while also organizing them for you. Drag and drop is supported to make rearranging your download priority very easy.
- Multi-threaded technology will help accelerate downloads
- Use one click in Chrome, IE, Firefox, or Opera to download files
- Supports MMS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and RTSP protocols
- Use the built-in download scheduler with multiple queues
- Use TaskMonitor to monitor running and completed tasks
- Run virus scan and convert media format automatically after downloads
- After transfer is completed, shut down or hibernate, or put your computer to sleep
2. FreeRapid Downloader
With support for downloading from Rapidshare, YouTube, Facebook, Picasa, and others, FreeRapid Downloader is easy to use. It will handle the downloading process after a simple copy and paste of a link.
- Download concurrently from multiple services
- Use proxy list to download
- Streamed videos and pictures are supported
- Monitoring of smart clipboard
- Automatically check for files on the server
- Automatically updates plugins
- Free and open source and works on Linux, macOS, and Windows
Mipony is designed specifically to automate the downloading process. This software will also optimize your connection and works with premium accounts. It also features an embedded web browser and remote control and is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Continuous downloads
- Web remote control
- Control for simultaneous downloads
- Option to join downloaded files
- Captures links or text that includes links from the clipboard
DownThemAll is a Mozilla Firefox extension that will add advanced downloading capabilities to the browser, including downloading links or images embedded on a webpage and refining downloads using fully customizable criteria. It also includes an accelerator that will increase the downloading speed up to 400%.
- Integrates completely with Firefox
- Will spider your page with just one click
- Download all your files with just a single click
- Auto-renaming options
- Pause and resume downloads
With FlashGet, you can download your files more quickly and manage them more easily. It can automatically call up antivirus to clean up viruses, spyware, and adware.
- Uses the lowest amount of system resources
- Increases your download speed and stability
- Supports HTTP, FTP, BT, eMule, and other protocols
- File management feature supports categories
Make Tech Easier’s Software Discovery section is your go-to place to find out new and interesting software. Check it out and let us know if we have missed your favorite software.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox