Do you find it difficult to type long messages and emails on your smartphone or tablet? Are you looking for a more portable Bluetooth keyboard that doesn’t take up much space in your purse, backpack, laptop bag or briefcase?
The iClever tri-folding Bluetooth keyboard is a pocket-sized keyboard that will come in handy no matter where you are. Made of aluminum alloy, it’s not just stylish but comfortable to use once you get used to its mini size.
Let’s take a look at this foldable keyboard.
What’s in the Box
Inside the box you’ll find the Bluetooth keyboard folded up inside of a velvet carrying pouch. There’s also a USB charging cable, user manual, and a one-year warranty card.
Pairing the Keyboard
This Bluetooth keyboard is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows systems. Pairing it is as simple as turning on your Bluetooth (if it’s not already on), pressing “FN + C” on the keyboard (to put it into pairing mode), and then selecting “iClever IC-BK03 Keyboard” when it shows up under Bluetooth devices.
Note: when you press the “FN + C” combo to put the keyboard into pairing mode, the left LED at the top of the keyboard should flash blue; it will turn off once the keyboard has successfully been paired with your device.
You can also press the FN + relative OS key (Q for Android, W for Windows, E for iOS) to select the operating system that you’re using the keyboard with. Since each OS has its own set of keyboard functions, you’ll want to be sure to select the proper one after pairing.
Using the Keyboard
The iClever tri-folding Bluetooth keyboard is much like any other Bluetooth keyboard. It’s compact with small keys that take some getting used to. The keys are very low/short and extremely quiet; it reminds me of the newer Macbook keyboards.
There is a micro-USB port on the front for charging the keyboard. There are also two LED indicators at the top of the keyboard. Each LED indicator has two uses.
- Caps lock indicator – Pressing the Caps lock key will illuminate a blue LED until pressed again to turn off.
- Bluetooth status indicator – As mentioned above, pressing the FN + C keys will put the keyboard into pairing mode, and a blue LED will flash until it is successfully connected to your device.
- Power indicator – When you unfold the keyboard, a green power indicator will illuminate for three seconds and then turn off. This lets you know that it’s on and working.
- Charging indicator – A red indicator will illuminate while charging. It will go off when the keyboard is fully charged or when you unplug the charging cable (before it is fully charged).
The FN key is another important key since it can activate quite a few extra functions on the keyboard (anything in blue). A few FN shortcuts you may find helpful are home, search, previous track, play/pause, next track, volume down, volume up, and virtual keyboard (to display your device’s keyboard on the screen).
The keyboard automatically goes to sleep when not in use for some time (appears to be around ten to fifteen minutes). However, it’s very easy to turn it back on by pressing any key; this “reconnects” it to your device, and you should be able to type again.
To turn the keyboard off, you simply fold it back up. Convenient, right?
- Operating distance is up to 10 meters
- Modulation system: GFSK
- Operating voltage: 3.0 – 4.2V
- Operating current: 2.5mA
- Standby current < 0.3mA
- Sleep current < 40uA
- Charging current >= 200mA
- Standby time > 218 days
- Charging time < 2 hours
- Lithium battery capacity: 210mA
- Uninterrupted working time: 84 hours
- Lithium battery life: 3 years
- Key lifespan: 3 million strokes
- Keyboard unfold size: 251.7 x 89.6 x 6.6 mm
Even though this is a basic Bluetooth keyboard, the fact that it folds up makes it extremely portable and convenient. It’s nice to have a carrying case as well to protect it in your bag or even your pocket (if you have medium- or large-sized ones).
I’ve been using this keyboard with my Samsung tablet, and so far it has great connectivity. I can also write and respond back to emails so much faster than typing on the actual screen. I do find myself pressing the wrong keys at times since my hands have to be closer together due to its size, but I’m definitely getting better at it.
Thanks to Hisgadget Inc., we have one of these keyboards to give away.
To participate in this giveaway, all you need to do is connect with your email and physical address (so we can contact you if you are the winner). This will earn you a single chance. You can also share this article to earn additional chances of winning a unit. This giveaway event has ended.
The winner has been notified of her winning.