As a tech writer, I frequently switch between Android and iPhone. While it is now easy to transfer files and accounts, WhatsApp is one service that fails when switching between Android and iOS. Personally, I’ve been looking for an app that would allow me to transfer Android chats and media to my iPhone. This review takes a look at the iCareFone Transfer app to see if it will do the job.
This is a sponsored article and was made possible by Tenorshare. The actual contents and opinions are the sole views of the author who maintains editorial independence, even when a post is sponsored.
What Is iCareFone Transfer App?
Transferring WhatsApp chats between iOS and Android has always been a herculean task. While there are numerous apps available, the majority of them are either expensive or ineffective. Tenorshare’s recently launched iCareFone Transfer app is an intriguing app that makes moving WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone and Android to Android a breeze. Simply connect your Android and iPhone using an OTG cable and follow the app’s instructions. Your WhatsApp conversations will be seamlessly transferred by the app.
Overview of Features
With a size of less than 10 MB, the iCareFone Transfer app gives surprisingly good results. Some of the standout features offered by the app are:
- Transfer data without a computer with the help of an OTG cable.
- Supports transferring data between Android and Android as well.
- Supports the transfer of multiple types of data, such as text, video, images, audio, documents, and emojis.
- Also works for WhatsApp Business.
- No personal information is collected.
The iCareFone Transfer app is compatible with all Android phones (Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc.). The only requirement is that the phone should be running Android 5.1 or later. Similarly, iPhones should have iOS 10 or later. The app is constantly adding support for newer operating systems, so there is no concern there.
It also supports a wide array of languages: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
How to Transfer Chats From Android to iPhone
To start the transfer process:
- Install the iCareFone Transfer app on your Android phone and WhatsApp on your iPhone. No iCareFone Transfer app installation is required on the iPhone. However, make sure you have enough battery on both phones.
- Open the app and you will see the “Change app” link.
To be honest, the “Change app” text did confuse me at first, as I wasn’t sure what the app was referring to. But things soon became crystal clear: this option lets you switch between the regular WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business. Apart from that, you get two primary buttons: Transfer to iOS and Transfer to Android, which work as expected.
- Tap on the “Transfer to iOS” button to start migrating your data from Android to iPhone.
- You will be greeted by the last local backup of your WhatsApp data, which can be verified by the update time on the backup. The app will how the size of the data that is to be transferred.
- To be on the safe side, you should make a new backup before transferring data. For that, minimize the iCareFone app and open WhatsApp. Go to “Settings → Chats → Chat backup and press “Backup button.”
- Come back to the iCareFone Transfer app and tap on the backup file. A confirmation pop-up will appear displaying the date and time of the backup. The app will remind you of that. Tap on “OK” or tap on “New” to create the latest backup.
- The app will ask you to connect your Android phone and iPhone using the USB OTG cable. Once connected, a pop-up will appear on the Android phone’s screen asking you to grant access to the iPhone. Tap on “OK,” and on your iPhone, tap on “Trust” and enter the iOS passcode.
- After iOS verification, you will see the data that will get transferred from Android to iPhone.
- Tap on “Start.” Make the in-app purchase to transfer the data and verify your phone number on an Android phone.
- After the backup analysis is complete, tap on “Next”. The Android app will ask you to disable the “Find my iPhone” setting. For that, go to “iPhone Settings → [Your name] → Find my → Find my iPhone.” Turn it off on the next screen. Once disabled, tap on “Turned off” on the Android app.
- The transfer will begin, and your iPhone will restart when it is finished. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and enter your phone number to verify it. When prompted, skip the iCloud restore.
Once completed, your WhatsApp chats will be transferred from Android to iPhone.
While the app is free to download, the data transfer is not. I’m a little disappointed that they don’t mention the fees until after you’ve started the process. The app has a single subscription model that costs $14.99 USD for a yearly subscription with unlimited devices. However, the money could be worth it to you, as the app works without any hiccups.
The iCareFone Transfer app is a magical tool. I’m pleased with its clear and clean UI. The app made it incredibly simple to transfer WhatsApp data to an iPhone. Anyone with a basic understanding of technology can use the app to transfer WhatsApp data with just a few taps. They do indeed care, as the app name suggests. You should absolutely give the app a shot if you have a need to transfer WhatsApp data.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox