If you were ever a Disney fan, subscribing to Disney+ probably seemed like a dream come true. But if the dream wasn’t exactly as great as you thought, or you’ve just run out of new things to watch, it may be time to cancel Disney+. You can always resubscribe later or choose one of the many other streaming services.
If you have a free trial, don’t worry. You can cancel at any time and still finish out the remainder of your free trial. If you’re worried about forgetting to cancel, sign up and cancel the next day.
Cancel Disney+ on Desktop
You can cancel Disney+ from your browser or the app. You are required to cancel via the same method you used to sign up. If you signed up via the desktop, you have to cancel that way. The same is true if you signed up using the iOS or Android app. It would be nice if you could cancel any way you want, but Disney’s picky.
Let’s start with the browser steps. You can cancel via a browser on a mobile device as long as you didn’t sign up within one of the Disney+ apps.
1. Visit Disney+ and log in.
2. Select the account holder’s profile.
3. Choose the profile picture in the top-right corner and select Account. If you’re using a mobile browser, you’ll need to select the “Manage Account” link at the bottom of the page.
4. Choose “Billing Details” under Subscription.
5. Select “Cancel Subscription.”
6. Click the large “Complete Cancellation” button to continue. If you’re not sure, select “No, Go Back.”
7. Finally, select the reason why you’re canceling. You can choose anything from the list. It doesn’t matter what you choose. It’s just Disney’s way of seeing why people are canceling.
Canceling on iOS
When you subscribe through the Disney+ app for iOS, your subscription goes through the Apple Store. You have to cancel Disney+ like any other Apple subscription. To cancel:
1. Open Settings on your iOS device.
2. Tap your user name.
3. Select Subscriptions.
4. Select your Disney+ subscription.
5. Choose “Cancel Subscription.”
Canceling on Android
When signing up for Disney+ on Android, your subscription goes through the Google Play Store. This means you also have to cancel via the Google Play Store. To cancel:
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Open the menu at the top left.
3. Select Subscriptions.
4. Tap your Disney+ subscription.
5. Select “Cancel subscription.”
6. Follow the prompts to finish.
Canceling via a Third-Party Provider
In some cases you may have signed up for Disney+ through another provider, such as Amazon. If that’s the case, you’ll still cancel Disney+ via your browser. However, when you go to the Account page, you’ll see the name of your provider to the left of Billing Details. When you click Billing Details, you’ll be taken to the provider’s website.
The steps to cancel vary based on your provider. Follow the prompts to complete the cancellation.
Verify the Cancellation
As a final step, you should receive an email confirming you’ve canceled your account. If you don’t receive this within 24 hours, please check that your account has been canceled. If it hasn’t, contact Disney+ customer service for assistance.
Please note that this process only cancels your Disney+ account. Your actual Disney account still exists to access any other Disney properties online.
Now that you’ve canceled, maybe it’s time to try something new. You could see how Netflix compares with regard to original programming and to have access to a fresh new set of content.
If you’re a cord-cutter, you may be realizing the increasing amount of streaming services are making it less affordable and more difficult to view what you want. Sadly, streaming overload is becoming a reality, and it may only get worse. Only subscribing to one or two at a time and rotating between multiple services is one solution to getting the most variety without paying for numerous services at once, but it can still be a hassle.