Last year WhatsApp launched a status feature that allows you to post status updates much like Snapchat stories.
This feature allows users to share photos, videos or text updates with contacts for a period of twenty-four hours before they disappear automatically. Status updates are visible to all contacts by default, but this is not always desirable from a privacy standpoint.
If you prefer to block some contacts from seeing your status updates or even just share them with only a handful of people in your life, you will be glad to know that it is possible to get the desired behaviour in just a few taps.
Follow the steps below to hide WhatsApp status updates from specific contacts on your device.
Hide WhatsApp Status Updates from Selected Contacts on Android
1. Launch WhatsApp. Make sure you’re on the status tab where the status updates of your contacts are displayed.
2. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner and go to “Status Privacy.”
3. On the next screen tap on “My contacts except …”
4. Finally select all the contacts you want to hide status updates from and hit the green checkmark on the bottom-right to confirm the changes.
That’s it! Subsequent status updates will now be hidden from the contacts you selected above.
Show WhatsApp Status Updates to Selected Contacts on Android
1. Navigate to the Status Privacy screen as shown above.
2. Tap the “Only Share with …” option.
3. Select the contacts with whom you wish to share status updates with. Don’t forget to hit the green checkmark on the bottom-right to confirm the changes.
Now you know how to block certain people from viewing your WhatsApp status updates with just a few taps. If this article was helpful to you, do share it with your friends on social media.