When you let your friend borrow your phone, you knowingly or unknowingly reveal to your friend information attached to your phone. Even if it is just for a phone call, your friend can find out who you have recently been in touch with using easily accessible information like your recent phone calls and text messages.
If you are concerned about the above issue and wish for a way to hide calls and text messages from specific people on your device, an app on the Play Store fulfills your wish.
Here’s how you can use it to get the task done:
Hiding Calls and Text Messages from Specific People in Android
In order to do this you are going to use an app called Shady Contacts. The app is available to download and use for free on Android. Here’s how it works.
1. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Shady Contacts on your Android device.
2. Launch the app from the app drawer.
3. Tap on “Continue” on the first screen of the app. It will then let you move to the screen where you can create a security pattern.
4. On this screen you need to draw a security pattern which will be used to alter settings in the app. It works as a password to grant you access to change settings in the app. Draw the pattern, and tap on “Continue.”
5. The following screen asks you to redraw the pattern for verification. Do so and tap on “Confirm.”
6. You should land on the “Call” tab in the app which shows the calls from the people who are in the hidden list on your device. Since the app has just been set up, you need to add a contact for it to hide the calls and text messages.
To do that, tap on “Call” on the top and select “Contacts.”
7. When you are in the “Contact” tab, tap on the “+” (plus) icon on the top to add a new contact to the hide list.
8. On the following screen, you can select the contact that you wish to add to the hidden list. You can select a contact either from call logs, contacts, or custom. When you have found a contact you wish to add, tap on it.
9. Tap on “Save” on the following screen to save the contact.
The selected contact has been successfully added into the app, and any calls or text messages from this contact will no longer appear in your stock call and text apps. Instead, they will appear here in the Shady Contacts app which you can access using the pattern lock that you created previously.
If you do not wish to share the calls and texts from specific people with anyone who borrows your device, you can use the above method to hide such things. You will be the only one who has access to this hidden information.