If you were familiar with the news leading up to the iOS 7 jailbreak, you will surely know the release of evasi0n for iOS 7 was unexpected. The jailbreak was not thoroughly tested, and did not enter a “beta” testing period, resulting in the buggy jailbreak. Jay Freeman, better know as Saurik, the founder of Cydia, worked hard for an update of the Cydia design to match iOS 7’s aesthetic looks. Still the Cydia icon misses the iOS 7 look. Today, I’ll show you how to update the Cydia icon to match iOS 7’s flat design.
You’ll need iFile for this tutorial, which is a file explorer for your iOS device, so make sure you have it installed before following this guide. We never recommend messing around with system files on an iOS device, so be sure to back up your iPhone/iPad in iTunes before proceeding. Also, you’ll need to follow this guide directly on your iOS device.
1. First of all, head over here in Safari to download a folder with the new Cydia icon in it.
2. Tap on “Download.” The file is really small, so it should download quickly. Once done, open it up in iFile.
3. Once iFile is open, click on “Unarchiver.”
4. The file will then unzip, and a folder named “Cydia Icon All Devices.” will be created. Open the folder.
5. Tap on “Edit” and then select the “[email protected]” file. Now, tap “Cut” to cut the file.
6. Now navigate to “Applications -> Cydia.app”. Paste the .png icon here. You’ll be asked to overwrite the file, and do so when prompted.
7. Restart your device, and you’ll see a new iOS 7 inspired Cydia icon on your iOS device.
And there you have it, a new Cydia icon. How do you like the new Cydia icon? Do you prefer the new one or the old one? Be sure to tell us below in the comments.