If you check the URL of your YouTube channel right now, it probably ends with a string full of random characters. That's probably not a good look for your brand. If you want it changed into something like youtube.com/maketecheasier, you will need to get a custom URL.
Before we proceed, you need to first make sure your YouTube channel is eligible for a custom URL. Below are the requirements:
- The channel must be at least 30 days old.
- The channel must have a profile picture and a banner image.
- The channel must have at least 100 subscribers.
If you meet these requirements, you are all set and ready to go.
Getting a Custom URL
If you are eligible, follow these steps to get your own YouTube URL:
1. On the top-right corner of the YouTube window, click on your profile picture. (You need to be signed in first.)
2. From the drop-down menu, select "YouTube Studio."
3. From the list on the right side of the YouTube Studio page, select "Customization."
4. Under Channel customization, select "Basic info."
5. Under Channel URL, click on "Set a custom URL for your channel."
6. Your custom URL will appear in a box below. You can change it as desire.
Click on the Publish button on the top-right corner of the window to set your custom URL.
After the URL Is Set
Once the custom URL is set, it can neither be changed nor transferred to someone else. So make sure you think of a really good name that you won't end up regretting later.
Besides a custom URL for your channel, another great way to enhance your brand would be adding a watermark to your YouTube videos.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox