The Apple TV ships with a variety of beautiful, slow-motion screen savers showing many wonders of the world. This video looks beautiful on a big-screen TV, but until recently it wasn’t possible to get them on your computer. But now you can get all of the videos to work as a screen saver on your Mac or Windows PC.
Get Apple TV Screen Savers on Your Mac
1. Download Aerial from GitHub.
2. Double-click on the unzipped Aerial.saver file in your Downloads directory.
3. In the pop-up System Preferences window, click “Install.”
4. If it doesn’t open automatically, open the Desktop and Screen Saver preferences pane and scroll down to click on the Aerial screensaver.
5. Click “Screen Saver Options …” to select alternative videos or set multi-display options.
Get Apple TV Screen Savers on Your Windows 10 PC
You can use a different program to get Apple’s TV screen savers on your Windows 10 PC. You won’t have control over which video plays when, but they still look great.
1. Download Aerial Screen Saver by cDima from Github.
2. Unzip the download file and open the “Aerial” folder.
3. Copy the screen saver file to “C:\Windows.” Leave the application file where it is.
4. Type “screen saver” into the Start Menu and click “Turn the lock screen slideshow on or off.”
5. Scroll down and click “Screen saver settings.”
6. Click the drop-down menu and choose “Aerial.”
7. Click “OK” to save your changes.
Whether you’re on Windows 10 or macOS, you can quickly install Apple’s slow-mo screen savers with the help of a GitHub repo.