Last week I posted an article on How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 4. My first attempt was really successful using JailbreakMe that I haven’t ran into problems. However, not everyone is as lucky as I am. Some of you might have problems relating to lost signals, purple screen and sim card not detected issues. If you are having such problems, here are the ways to solve them.
Loss of signal when the phone is held in a certain way
Until now, you should have known that this is related to Apple Antennagate issue, not with the jailbreaking. Anyway, the method to resolve this is to apply for the free bumper given out by Apple.
1. Apple launch an app for their customers to qualify for their Free iPhone 4 Case. Download the iPhone 4 Case Program app from the app store.
2. Launch the app with your iPhone 4 and sign in using your Apple ID or your iTunes Store account.
3. Now select a bumper or case that you like.
Note: For those who have previously purchased cases or bumpers, Apple also do a full refund. Terms and Conditions apply. You may visit Apple.com for more details.
Fixing the “Purple Screen” problem while using JailbreakMe
If you are stuck in a purple screen and your iPhone hung while jailbreaking, try to reboot it first before looking for other ways to resolve the problem. I tell you, there are hundreds of things that a reboot can do to get you out of trouble. However, if things don’t go the way you expect them to be, here are the steps on how to get out of this purple screen problem.
1. You must be seeing this screen and have waited about two minutes before you can say that your iPhone 4 hung.
2. You need to clear the cache, browsing history and cookies on your iPhone to fix this problem.
3. Go to Settings -> Safari
4. You should see three options on your screen i.e. Clear History, Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
5. Tap on Clear History, and you have to confirm the action to proceed.
Remember to Clear Cookies and Cache as well by doing the same process. This will somehow get rid of the first problem you may experience while you are jailbreaking your iPhone 4 using JailbreakMe.
Note: Do not do this if everything is doing fine during the process.
Fixing “Different SIM Detected” error after jailbreak
The second problem I have encountered was the “Different SIM Detected” message. Trust me, with this, you can never use your iPhone without fixing it first. Thanks to PushFix because this problem can be resolved in a minute by using their “Hacktivation Patch.”
Note: This patch will only function on iPhone 3G/3GS which runs on iOS 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, and iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 and 4.0.
1. You need to add a new repository first. I assume you have done this process so many times before. Open the Cydia app. Tap on Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add. You will be presented with a text field where you can enter the address or the URL of the repository.
2. Now, enter this URL into the field:
and tap on Add Source.
3. After adding the source of the repository, click Done and Search for Hacktivation Patch.
4. Reboot your iPhone 4 to activate the patch. That’s it.
Not everyone will face the above problem when jailbreaking your iPhone. For those who have such issues, it is good to know that there are simple fix for it. Try out the fix above and let us know if it works for you. Feel free to leave comments or questions below.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox