If you have stored your contacts in iCloud and wish to use them in other programs, then you can export them into a CSV file that can be opened with many other apps. The file will have all of your contacts and their details, and since it will be a comma-separated file, it should launch even in the Numbers or Excel app on your machine.
To accomplish the task, what you are going to do is use the iCloud website in a web browser on your computer and then export your iCloud contacts to a V-card file. The V-Card file will then be converted into a CSV file using an online service.
Export Your iCloud Contacts to a CSV File
1. Head over to the iCloud website and get yourself logged in.
2. Once successfully logged in, you should see various options on your screen. Click on the option that says “Contacts.”
3. All of your iCloud contacts should load and appear on your screen. Now, what you need to do is click on the little settings icon located in the bottom-left corner of the website. It should bring up the Settings menu for you.
4. When the Settings menu shows up, click on the option that says “Select All.”
5. You should see that all the contacts have been selected for an action to be performed on them. Now, click on the settings icon once again, and this time choose the option that says “Export vCard…” It will create a vCard containing all the selected contacts.
6. The vCard file should automatically download on your computer, and you will see it in the Downloads folder.
What you have exported here is a vCard file, and we do not want it. We need a CSV file containing all the contacts, so what we will do now is convert this vCard file into a CSV file using an online converter.
7. Head over to the vCard to CSV Converter page using your browser. Once there, you need to do the following
vCard-File: you need to choose the vCard file here that you exported from iCloud.
Format: select “CSV” as the format from the drop-down menu, and then choose “Comma” from the next dropdown menu, and finally checkmark “Add header line.”
Encoding: it should be set to “Unicode (UTF-8).”
Leave the other options unmodified and click on “convert.”
8. The file should be converted instantly and will automatically be downloaded to your computer. You can now access this file using any compatible app, such as Microsoft Excel.
The file can be imported into various apps to quickly have your contacts accessible.
If you have a number of contacts in your iCloud account and wish for them to be exported into a CSV file, the guide above should help you do that.