Avidemux is one good video editing software that we used regularly to edit our videos. It is free, cross-platforms and supports simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. One of the most important thing is that it is easy to use. Even if you are a novice, or do not have any experience in editing videos, you can still use it like a professional and perform all the cutting, joining, reformatting, resizing, encoding with your videos effortlessly.
Avidemux supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF. Tasks can also be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
In this article, we are going to show you how to:
1. Remove audio from a video file.
2. Remove the video component and save the audio part.
3. Add extra effects to your video
4. Resizing and reformatting your video.
5. Cutting a video clippings from a video file.
Download Avidemix from here.
Remove Audio from a Audio-Video file (Save only Video file)
1. In the toolbar, click on the top left folder icon and load the video file from your hard drive.
2. Click on “Audio” in toolbar. Select “Main Track” and then “None” to mute the audio.
3. Click on the Save icon to save the output.
Remove Video from a Audio-Video file (Save only Audio file)
1. Load a video file.
2. Click on the Audio option in the left panel and select your preferred audio format. Optionally, you can also click on the “Configure” button to change the output bit rate.
3. Now, click on the “Audio” option in the menubar and select “Save”.
Adding extra effects to your video
1. Load the video file.
2. Select the output file extension from the Video option in the left panel.
3. Still in the left panel, click on the “Filter” button. You can now choose the effects that you want, from labeling, color adding, noise removing, sharpness adding to resizing.
4. Once you are done with the effects, save the video file.
Video Resizing and Reformatting:
1. Load the video file and click on “Tool” at menu bar.
2 Click on “Calculator”. Select your preferred video format and size. Save the output.
1. Load the video file.
2. At the bottom of the window, there are two options: A and B. Click on A to select the start point from where you want to cut the video and B to select the end of the clip.
3. Click on “File” in toolbar and then select “Save” option. Finally select “Save Video” to save the output clippings.
The above tricks are not a good representation of what Avidemux can do, but they are sufficient for any novices to play around with their video files.
What other Avidemux’s tricks do you know? Tell us about it below.
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox