While Windows 8 saw a complete makeover in the form of the Modern UI setup, Windows Explorer and several other apps are still utilizing the same old UI. That is where the EaseUS FileManager comes in handy as alternative to Windows Explorer. It gives Windows 8 users a modern UI feel to Windows Explorer.
1. Go to the Windows Store and search for “EaseUS File Manager.”
2. Click on “Install” to begin the app installation process for EaseUS File Manager.
3. Wait for the EaseUS File Manager app to install, then head to the Start Screen.
4. Click the EaseUS FileManager tile to open the app.
5. When you first load EaseUS FileManager, your most common folders will be listed for you to begin navigating through.
EaseUS FileManager lets you add, favorite and manage folders in Windows 8 in the more intuitive app-style that the modern UI supports.
6. Use the “Windows Key + I” keyboard shortcut to open the settings for EaseUS FileManager.
There are few settings to work with in this app. For the most part, the permissions for your folders should be set by default in Windows 8 based on the account you are logged into at the time. If you need to change permissions for folders in EaseUS FileManager, you are better off doing it manually through the traditional Windows Explorer than tinkering with them in this app.
From the settings for EaseUS FileManager, you can also rate and review the app so other users know how useful you found it.
7. Back on the main screen, click “Pictures” or any of the folders linked to through EaseUS FileManager.
This will open the folder for you to go through its contents. You can do this for any of the folders you set up in EaseUS FileManager.
8. Click the “Back Arrow” to migrate back to the main screen.
9. Click the “Drop Down Arrow” to open the primary menu for EaseUS File Manager and click “Go to….”
10. You can select any folder you want to navigate to and add it to the app by clicking on it, then clicking “Choose the folder” in the bottom right of the app.
This will add the folder to the Recent list so you can access it at any time.
11. Click on the folder you added to Recent.
From here, you can go through its contents and open files, pictures, videos and other file types.
12. Click on a file.
For this example, we clicked on a picture, and it opened in a full-screen mode. Depending on the file type, EaseUS FileManager will attempt to open it for you to view or open it in its default program for you to work with.
The EaseUS FileManager app for Windows 8 gives you a Windows Explorer that actually fits in with what the modern UI design had in mind. If you are looking for a way to make Windows Explorer feel more like Windows 8, EaseUS FileManager is one way to make your Windows 8 experience seamless.
Are you using a file manager in Windows 8? Tell us your favorites!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox