Twitter does not have a native video downloader. You can bookmark the tweets, but that doesn’t solve the problem of watching the videos offline. Fortunately, there are several workarounds that allow you to download Twitter videos on Android, iPhone, and desktop. Let’s take a look at them.
Download Twitter Videos Online
One of the easiest ways to download Twitter videos to your mobile or computer without installing anything is to use the video downloading websites. Paste the video link, and the website will download the video. Follow these steps:
- Get the video’s link. To do so on PC, open the tweet with the video you want to download and copy the link in the address bar.
Alternatively, click on the “Share” icon below the tweet and select “Copy link to tweet.”
On Twitter apps for Android and iPhone, go to the tweet and tap on the “Share” icon. Choose “Copy link” from the menu.
- Open Twitter Video Downloader, or any other Twitter video downloading website, in a browser. Paste the link into the Tweet URL box, then click on “Download.”
- Click on the “Download video” button next to the desired video size.
- If the download doesn’t start right away, right-click (PC) or long touch (mobile) on the Download video button and select “Save link as.” The “Save as” pop-up will open. Enter a name for the video and save it.
Note: if you are unable to save videos using this method in your browser on iPhone, try the Documents by Readdle app method mentioned in the iPhone section.
Some other websites to download Twitter videos:
Use Bots to Download Twitter Videos
The automated Twitter accounts, aka Twitter bots, also help download videos. This method works on both mobile and PC.
- Reply to a video tweet you want to download by tagging the downloader bot account, e.g., @downloaderbot, @Getvideobot or @Getvide_.
- When the download link is ready, the bot will tweet it to you. Click on the link to open it in a browser.
- Click/tap on the video and hit the “Download” button.
The disadvantage of this method is that anyone can see that you have requested the video. It’s best to delete your tweet after you’ve downloaded the video.
Download Twitter Videos on Android
On Android, you can also user third-party video downloader apps to save videos on Twitter. These apps let you select the video resolution before downloading. Once downloaded, the video will show up in your phone’s gallery. However, be ready to face many ads in these apps.
- Install the Video Downloader for Twitter app on your phone and open it. Grant the necessary permissions if asked.
- Launch the Twitter app and find the tweet with the video.
- Tap on the “Share” icon under the tweet and select “Share via.”
- Look for the “Video Downloader” app and tap on it. Tap on the “Download” button in the app.
- Select the video resolution to start the download process.
Alternatively, select the “Copy link” button instead of “Share via,” then open the app manually and hit the “Paste” button followed by “Download.”
More Android apps to download Twitter videos:
Download Twitter Videos on iPhone
You can download Twitter videos on iPhone using dedicated video downloader apps, shortcuts, or the Documents app. Let’s take a look at all three methods.
- Install the AnySave app on your iPhone.
- Get the tweet’s link by tapping on the “Share” icon under the video and select “Copy link.”
- Open the AnySave app. The copied link will automatically show up in the app. If not, tap on “Paste from Clipboard.”
- Tap on the “Save” button to start the download. The video will show up in the Photos app.
You can also use shortcuts to download Twitter videos directly from the Share Sheet on your iPhone
- Open the Apple Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Install the Twitter video downloader shortcut from the TVDL app. Tap on “Get Shortcut.”
- When installed, you will find it under the “My Shortcuts” tab in the Shortcuts app.
- Find the tweet you want to save and tap on the “Share” icon under it followed by “Share via.”
- Tap on the “TVDL” shortcut. Grant the necessary permission and select the video resolution. The video should start downloading.
Note: the video will appear in the Photos app on the date of the tweet and not the day you downloaded it.
Using Documents by Readdle
If the above two methods do not work, you can use the popular Documents by Readdle app to download Twitter videos as well. Basically, the video downloader websites start playing the video on an iPhone instead of downloading it. The \Documents by Readdle app forces your phone to download the video.
- Install the Documents by Readdle app on your device and open it.
- Tap on the “Browser” icon in the Documents app.
- Open any Twitter video downloader website and paste the tweet’s link. Hit the “Download” button.
- Tap on “Download video” next to the required size, enter the video’s name and hit the “Done” button to begin the download.
- Reopen the Documents app and navigate to the Downloads folder to find the downloaded video. Press the three-dot icon on the video and select “Share.”
- Choose “Save video” from the menu to save it to the Photos app.
Download Twitter Videos with Chrome Extensions
Chrome extensions also allow you to download videos from Twitter.
Video Download Plus
- Install the Video Downloader Plus extension or Video Downloader Professional in the Chrome browser and pin to the extensions bar for faster access.
- Locate the tweet you want to download and play it once.
- Click on the Video Downloader Plus icon in the extensions bar. It will show the available video. Click on “Start” next to the desired video resolution.
The video will be saved to the Downloads folder. If the extension doesn’t show any video, refresh the page and play the video again.
Twitter Media Assist
Another cool extension is Twitter Media assist. It adds a Download button next to the Share button under your tweet. Click on it to download Twitter GIFs or videos. You can use this extension to download multiple videos from a user or hashtag. Simply click on the Download button under the required tweets.
How to Download All Twitter Videos from a User
The Twitter Media Downloader extension also lets you download Twitter videos, images, and GIFs by adding a button on the tweet. Click on the MP4 button under the tweet to download the required video.
- To download all videos from the user’s timeline with just one click, open the timeline of the person whose media files you want to download. Click on the new “Media” button.
- Add the tweet range and select the type of media files you want to download. Click on “Start.”
- Once the process finishes, the extension will create a ZIP file. Save it to your computer and extract it. The extracted folder will have all the downloaded images, videos, etc. from the user’s timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I extract audio from a Twitter video?
There are two ways to extract audio from a Twitter video. The first method involves using Twitter video-to-MP3 convertors like Online Video Converter, offmp3, and f2mp. Paste the tweet link in these websites and select MP3 as the download format.
In the second method, use an audio extractor tools, like zamzar. You will need to download the Twitter video first and add it to the site to extract the audio. Check out other ways to extract audio from videos and learn how to convert audio to text.
2. Why can’t I download Twitter videos?
There could be a couple of reasons you are unable to download videos from Twitter. Firstly, make sure you have copied the correct link. Next, if you are trying to download on a PC, reload the page and try playing the video. Remember to be patient, as videos often take some time to download or even show the “Save as” pop-up.